IGNORED

Limbo

xg4bx

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/9/2010/03/500x_custom_1267759419513_limbo.jpg&imgrefurl=http://kotaku.com/5486190/mile-marker-7-limbo&usg=__2Ic_EQFSWvvxYB2U9Kf_4euvnSU=&h=400&w=500&sz=13&hl=en&start=14&sig2=3rQVunqwp2cyULCl3-icfw&itbs=1&tbnid=9VCTHp2y8QsL9M:&tbnh=104&tbnw=130&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlimbo%2B360%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG%26gbv%3D2%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=yPorTJS9GIWdlgf6iYGmCQ

But the game's atmosphere magnificently distinct, lovely and disturbing all at once does trump all. The game feels like a quiet nightmare rendered in ghostly black and white. It feels less right to say that the game is populated by enemies than it is to say it is haunted by them, haunted with the presence of vicious nature and by some children who seem to have nothing but violence intended for our lead character. The game, so far, is a beautiful and clever terror anchored by a sharp used of physics and Nintendo-style layering of basic game mechanics and puzzle-solving strategies

looks absolutely gorgeous.

post-22906-3091_thumb.jpg

Edited by xg4bx

• 2 weeks later...

Nice art. No game.

If you like platformers where you can just barely get off the ground jumping, this is for you.

Also nice for you fans of "why did I just die?"

Play Super Mario Brothers with your brightness turned all the way down instead. You can jump higher.

Nice art. No game.

If you like platformers where you can just barely get off the ground jumping, this is for you.

Play Super Mario Brothers with your brightness turned all the way down instead. You can jump higher.

That's because it's not a platformer, it's a puzzle game wrapped in the guise of a platformer. Similar in tone and gameplay to Braid.

I got it. Finished it in 3 hours. Worth it? Hell yes! I'll be scouring it for the achievements next, but was a complete trip to play through, and nothing too mind-bendingly hard (though you do have to seriously think outside the box at times).

Too bad it probably won't be appreciated like it should. Today's hyper realistic graphics and FPS insanity make it so a game like this gets buried. As the aforementioned Mario comment attests to.

Nice art. No game.

That's because it's not a platformer, it's a puzzle game wrapped in the guise of a platformer. Similar in tone and gameplay to Braid.

I got it. Finished it in 3 hours. Worth it? Hell yes! I'll be scouring it for the achievements next, but was a complete trip to play through, and nothing too mind-bendingly hard (though you do have to seriously think outside the box at times).

Too bad it probably won't be appreciated like it should. Today's hyper realistic graphics and FPS insanity make it so a game like this gets buried. As the aforementioned Mario comment attests to.

appreciated by reviewers, yes. i haven't seen it get anything under a 9.

appreciated by gamers, there will be a few. all the rest care about is medal of honor.

unfortunately i can't afford this this week. :(

It's getting lots of hate over at Gamefaqs, but I put most of those posters just under pedophiles as to how decent they are, so their opinions mean about as much as a steaming two to me. The images in this game will NEVER leave my head, man. Usually I totally suck at puzzle games, but this one really grabbed me and wouldn't let go till I finished it. Some of the last puzzles were quite difficult (dying over and over and over), but once you got it, POW, instant gratification.

I think it's brilliant. Every now and then, someone realizes that a video game can be art. Mario is a puking of bright colors designed to please the masses. I understand that some people like "The Master of Light" guy and go to those mall stores to look at the purdy pictures and think it's amazing art. Some people think dead people like Bogart and James Dean sitting in a diner is brilliant. Others will go to a museum and look at Picasso and Dali and see a different deeper kind of art and beauty that requires taking a lot more in to appreciate it. Both are fine. To each their own. I love games that try to be different and artistic.

Give me games like Braid, Limbo, Ico, Shadow of the Collossus, and Okami any day over Mario Rainbow Mushroom Stomp.

Played it last night. I can't wait to play it again.

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got around to playing this game. Brilliant is a good term to describe it.

Ugh Stop.

I'm in the process of moving, I don't need to spend $15 on downloadable games!!

I also want to check out the new Lara Croft game but it too is $15...jeeze.

Would be a lot easier passing if you guys just said these games sucked ass.

Finally got around to playing this game. Brilliant is a good term to describe it.

Ugh Stop.

I'm in the process of moving, I don't need to spend $15 on downloadable games!!

I also want to check out the new Lara Croft game but it too is $15...jeeze.

Would be a lot easier passing if you guys just said these games sucked ass.

LOL

I know I'm in the same boat. I downloaded the Limbo demo a few weeks ago and then yesterday I downloaded the Tomb Raider demo. I finally played Limbo while Tomb Raider was downloading and I thought damn now I need to buy two games! LOL

Limbo scared the crap out of me. How can something so nice looking be so creepy at the same time?