IGNORED

Ianoid's Shopping Deals Thread

ianoid

Since I shop on the web too much, I figured I'd put some of my favorite things in a thread here for you to enjoy. I will put links to any site that has a good deal. For the Amazon ones if you buy anything during that visit, it supports my affiliate links, which nets me some Amazon cash, but costs you nothing. Some of the deals only last a day or a week, so check the most recent post for the latest deals.

Since I shop on the web too much, I figured I'd put some of my favorite things in a thread here for you to enjoy. I will put links to any site that has a good deal. For the Amazon ones if you buy anything during that visit, it supports my affiliate links, which nets me some Amazon cash, but costs you nothing. Some of the deals only last a day or a week, so check the most recent post for the latest deals.

I generally change any Amazon links posted here in the forums to AtariAge affiliate links.. :ponder:

..Al

I generally change any Amazon links posted here in the forums to AtariAge affiliate links.. :ponder:

..Al

What does it matter what website he links to? :?:

1600 Microsoft Points still $16.54

Be sure to click on the 1600 points option, since it defaults to the expensive 4000 points card. I bought one, and I probably have 20000 points stockpiled for armageddon.

Some cheap Amazon MP3 downloads. You can get these to automatically be added to your iTunes library pretty easily. Don't fear the downloader program, it works pretty well and is not bloatware. I buy all my MP3s from Amazon because they have serious sales, unlike iTunes. Consider:

Arcade Fire's Neon Bible for $5.99

Canadians do emo-alt-rock. Really good slightly older album. Songs you've probably heard. Another album, Funeral is available for $5.

Gorillaz - Plastic Beach for $5

The co-conspiritors on this album include Mark E Smith (of the Fall), Lou Reed, De La Soul, etc. I can't believe an album less than 6 months old is on Amazon for $5! Score!

Radiohead's Amnesiac for $5.99

Um, Radiohead are pretty good. If you haven't heard the Kid-A and later material, come out from under your Rock and check it out. Intense.

Hail to the Thief - Radiohead $5

I like Amnesiac better, but at this price, it's easily worth it.

Black Keys - Thickfreakishness $5.99

Like the reincarnation of a lo-fi Led Zepplin.

The Shins - Wincing the Night Away $5

Seriously worth it. Poppy, catchy, without being the least bit boring.

And then here's the all $5 Amazon MP3 album links, tons to browse.

..Al

No problem, they should support the site! If I could easily post AA links, I would! I'm just posting deals here and at DP when I see 'em.

Red Dead Redemption at Amazon for $45

Been playing this a lot and it's good for 30-40 hours if you can get some online time in and do side missions and waste time. The main story is only about 15 hours. Since I don't mind gambling and hunting and doing other junk, it was a good value for me when I got it at retail for like $50.

Fallout New Vegas - if you were thinking of pre-ordering (and I did), this Walmart deal isn't bad: $59.99 with $10 gift card, making it similar to $50. Each different vendor will include codes for in-game items. Walmart doesn't mention what they will include. So far, Gamestop looks better than Amazon. I'm debating whether to pre-order the collector's version, but since almost all of those go on sale within 6 months of release, it's hard to convince myself to pay full price.

Walmart New Vegas pre-order deal

Amazon appears to be doing lightning deals on various 360/ps3 stuff today. Transformers: WFC is $43 (yes, I'm holding out, but it's a decent price really)

I also snagged a copy of Singularity and Divinity 2 which wasn't on special really, but looks cool.

Hex.

[ Is just lazy, but surprised Ianoid hasn't bumped this yet... ah well. ]

Good thread. I've been meaning to check out The Shins since I got the movie "Garden State". I loved the song in it. She said, "You gotta hear this one song. It'll change your life, I swear." referring to the song New Slang.

Maybe there's a modification for the board to convert all amazon links into an AA Affilliate link automagically.

Pre-order Rockband 3 at Amazon for $59.99, get $10 Game Credit and in game guitar (Xbox 360)

Pre-Order Rock Band 3 at Amazon for $59.99, get $10 Game Credit and in game guitar (PS3)

If you pre-order Rockband 3 at Gamestop, you get a Talking Heads song and a New Order song instead of the worthless in game guitar, but I'll take the no tax and $10 off from Amazon instead and just buy them with cheap points (see above post for $16.54 for 1600 MS points).

I'm most anticipating Rockband 3, Fable 3 ($20 Amazon Game Credit) and Fallout New Vegas(Xbox 360 or PS3, both $56.99 with $10 Amazon Game Credit). I really shouldn't buy any other games this holiday season, but it's SO HARD not to.

Edited by ianoid

Free Music Sampler Yep Roc (indie rock)

Free Music Sampler - Earache (metal)

GTA Chinatown Wars $19.98 for PSP - This version of the game looks like it won't be terribly easy to find used. And this is probably the best way to play the game, minus the touch screen mini games. Better graphics and best controls.

Nintendo DS Tecmo Bowl $12.47 - lowest price yet, supposedly quite similar to the original

And Mass Effect 2 is down to $29.99

Alan Wake $39.99 at Amazon

I'm dying to play this game. People have had great things to say about the story.

PSP Powerstone Collection $12.15

Classic brawler action, has both Powerstone 1 and Powerstone 2 on it.

Wanted Weapons of Fate $7.85 for Xbox 360

I know nothing about this game, but for $7.85, you have to think about it.

DJ Hero Renegade Edition $99 at Amazon

LCD Soundsystem This Is Happening Amazon MP3 $5 (new album!)

Grand by Matt and Kim $5, pretty good record

Dinosaur Jr. $5 Dinosaur record

Iggy Pop - the Idiot for $3.68 - excellent record for next to nothing

La Rous - $5 - Pretty poppy, but solid stuff. Apparently very popular in Europe.

360 Kinect bundle pre-order $299 for 4gb 360S and Kinect - I pre-ordered this and I use 16gb thumb drives instead of a hard drive, so this will be perfect for me. Assuming that Kinect works.

Tony Hawk Ride for all three consoles $50. If you go into this expecting little, you may enjoy it. I like it, and it's a bit of exercise to play. I think that if you are vaguely interested, it's worth checking out at this price, considering the sequel should be better. It's not skateboarding.

Edited by ianoid