IGNORED

Again... so close,

emkay

Well, listen to that tune....

In my opinion, technically the most impressive tune in the latest times ....

But.....

What is so hard to have a tracker, putting this together with some modulations, filters, 16 bit, sawtooth, sine....?

PG , if you read this topic, how did you manage this already?

One of the interesting facts is, when using those digi sounds for basses, the Pokey basses get "cool" , only the special FX (modulations, filter 16 bit .... etc..) are still missing.

Deus_Ex_Machina.zip

Edited by emkay

is it new? and where did you find that?

It was played in the Bitjam Podcast. I don't know how old it is. You find it in the ASMA.

imho it is missing the "punches" of the original...

I guess, the SAP routine is playing some volume incorrect. And, as we know, the original SID version may sound always more "fat" due to the 3,5khz limit. It's quite similar when playing POKEY sounds through the TV out.

Possibly ;)

The tune is impressive on the Atari side. It was always the basses that needed to be generated via software, to have a roundup for music creating.

Actually, you could use this style in games like Space Harrier. Where Sheddy used it for Speech, you know , you could replay digis at a lower frequency easily.

It's even more important to have those sounds played than to have them "punchy". The equipment behind the audio out, can do the rest then.

I "translated" the tune for the Atari in 2000, as the SAP information suggests, since I liked the original very much, plus it used a standard square wave which sounds quite the same on Atari as it does on the C64. It was a rather quick and dirty work in Goldwave on the PC side and MPT on the Atari side. There are not really any filter tricks, the tune only uses the basic waveforms that POKEY offers, plus some sampled bassdrums and the nice long filtered sound (because I could not generate a sound close enough to the original) sampled from the original SID version (I believe it was just a pure SidPlay output that I then had sampled).

Oh, now I remember that back then I had made an Atari-C64 mix which plays the C64 version in the left channel and the Atari version in the right channel. You can compare the two :-)

Unfortunately the file is a bit longer than the forum upload limit so I had to upload it to my web and will possibly delete it in a few weeks.

link

Edited by pseudografx