IGNORED

How do YOU want the Jaguar HSC run (PART 1)?

Austin

THREAD UPDATED 7/17/2010:

I've declared this poll closed as of 7/17. I have taken the votes cast and pasted them below. The votes in bold are the most popular ones that will either be chosen for the new official Jaguar HSC rules, or will be brought into the next poll for further narrowing of how you guys want the rules set.

What duration should we play a specific game for?

One week (2 votes [20.00%])

Two weeks (4 votes [40.00%])

Three weeks (1 votes [10.00%])

A month (3 votes [30.00%])

Should a participation point or two be given if a score is submitted after the deadline?

Of course! (7 votes [70.00%])

No way! (3 votes [30.00%])

Should we only play games based around scoring and time/par/lap systems?

Yes, it makes things a helluva lot easier. (7 votes [70.00%])

No, anything should go, even if there is nothing to measure. (3 votes [30.00%])

Should the next game played be voted for, or should Austin/DoctorClu use their best discretion?

Yes to voting. (6 votes [60.00%])

No way, you guys rock! (4 votes [40.00%])

Should emulators be allowed? How about custom pads or Jaguar PRO controllers?

Yes to emulators, no to custom pads or pro controllers--They make things too easy! (1 votes [10.00%])

Yes to custom controllers, no to Jag emulators--They are glitchy at best! (3 votes [30.00%])

Yes to both.. Chances are the emulators won't work properly anyway! (5 votes [50.00%])

No to both, '94 Jag style all the way! (1 votes [10.00%])

Should we gag KevinCal and force him to buy another Jaguar so he can compete with us?

Absolutely, there is no escaping the Jaguar HSC! (7 votes [70.00%])

No, leave the poor man alone, he needs a rest! (3 votes [30.00%])

**I am not sure how we are going to achieve that last one.. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to post them here. :D :evil:

----------------------------------------

Hey guys, since I will be helping run the Jaguar HSC, I decided to toss out a few questions to see how you guys want things run. I notice there hasn't been a ton of activity in the Jaguar HSC this year, so I decided now would probably be a good time to start the HSC over fresh and give everyone a clean slate... Hopefully this entices a few others to join in on the shenanigans!

I do plan on restructuring the current setup a bit. With that, I have placed a poll above. Please take a minute to fill it out with your honest opinions. Also, I have one other main question that isn't in the poll (I couldn't gather enough answers :lol:): What kind of scoring system should we have? (e.g., the 11 point structure of the other HSCs--11pts for first place, 10pts for second, etc.)

Anyways guys.. I'm looking forward to your responses, and I'm looking forward to getting this thing rolling again so I can compete with everyone here!

**edit: DoctorClu threw out this idea as well, so post some feedback as well if you like it:

Except this maybe... ask for submissions for favorites. Have everyone vote on that, and play that game. As a second game (there are many that are not played often and usually off the radar), pick a game that people can play for additional points, one that would normally not be played. So you get one favorite, and one that people have to dust off. :)

I think there is enough difficulty getting people to participate on a monthly basis. If it is changed to something more frequent than that I think participation will decrease instead of increasing. I know that out of a month I usually only get a weekend or so where I have time to get to working on my HSC submission.

I think there is enough difficulty getting people to participate on a monthly basis. If it is changed to something more frequent than that I think participation will decrease instead of increasing. I know that out of a month I usually only get a weekend or so where I have time to get to working on my HSC submission.

Good way of looking at it..

Also, if we strictly go by score-based games like the popular vote seems to be to this point, if we go on a weekly or bi-weekly basis, we will end up playing a good majority of the titles available more than once in a year... If only the Jag had 700+ games like the 2600.. Then we could do this quite frequently without repeating the same game again.. ;)

**Edit: If the month-long vote wins out, then we could aptly start the next competition on August 1st. I already have the next game in mind, so in those weeks prior I could host a vote on a track/table/course/etc everyone wants to play... Oooh, the suspense! What could it possibly be?? ;) :D

Edited by Austin

on the flip side i think having 1 game per month causes people to ignore the competition cus they think "ah hell i got all month to play this." fast forward 4 weeks and they have forgotten all about it or just dont care anymore lol// :P

Yep, that's a possibility as well. Of course, I could always post a reminder every week or every other week, maybe that would keep people from forgetting so easily? I don't know.

Edited by Austin

on the flip side i think having 1 game per month causes people to ignore the competition cus they think "ah hell i got all month to play this." fast forward 4 weeks and they have forgotten all about it or just dont care anymore lol// :P

Yep, that's a possibility as well. Of course, I could always post a reminder every week or every other week, maybe that would keep people from forgetting so easily? I don't know.

One game every two weeks? Sounds good, but I'm still kicking to have one voted on game and one other random game NOT on the favorite list.

Matter the fact, get everyone's top 24 Jaguar games, compile those possibiliities.

Take the remaining Jaguar games (Cart, CD, amateur, etc) and put them on the random list.

Choose one from both categories.

It looks like we may end up getting some ties here. What I will do after a few more days is restructure the poll and add some more questions I meant to have to begin with. Once all that is voted on, I think we will have a general idea of what everyone is cool with.

One last healthy reminder to get your votes in before I close the poll.. Once that's done, I'll make a second poll with some more detailed questions, then we can finally get to some games.

I voted. I'm all for 1 game a month. Anything more than that and it seems over whelming and I'm not interested (I've only participated in 1 HSC, Super Burnout). I participate in other HSC (Neo Geo For Life for example) plus I have a large backlog of games to play through (plus my own website to update), so anything more than that doesn't fit my style.

I'm sure other people have different wants/needs, just though I'd give my 2 cents!