IGNORED

Lost programs

KLund1

Hi all,

I was going though some my disks in the back of my disk file box, and I looks like several of them are bad. Some bent with age, dust, etc. I've cleaned them up as best I could. I then tried to load them. and they do not load. I was able to find some of then online, and have copied them over to fresh disks. But there are several I could not find. Do you know where I might find them, or do you have then for download. Here's my list: (oh, English versions)

Atari Work Processor (not AtariWriter)

Atari Microsoft Basic I & II

Atari Visicalc

Many thanks

Here is three of them:

Atari Word Processor

Microsoft Basic I

Visicalc

Atari Wordprocessor-Micosoft basic 1.0-Visicalc.zip

If you find Microsoft basic II, I would like to have an atr of it also.

Holmes has MS BASIC II, .atr and ROM

It never was very popular. It has string arrays, but the syntax is different than

Atari BASIC, and so, without documentation would be hard to use.

If you are programming and don't like Atari BASIC, probably BASIC XL, BASIC XE,

and TurboBASIC would be better. All three are compatible, pretty much, with

Atari BASIC.

Edited by russg

It never was very popular. It has string arrays, but the syntax is different than

Atari BASIC.

Many thanks all!!!!

I have the docs for all but Microsoft Atari Basic II. I have docs for Microsoft Atari Basic I and had amused the differences were in just making it more compatible. If there were new commands/functions then I would like to get the manual? If so, anyone have one?

I have turbo basic, but it might be one of the disc box 'casualties', just in case could you send a link?

As you might see, I've lost some of my 'Application" disks. There are many sites that have games for download, but few have and extensive list of applications/utilities/languages, etc for download, far as I can find, anyone know of a library of apps for Atari 8-bit?

And what about manuals for those apps? Those seem even harder to find. (let's not suggest ebay, please)

Anyway, many thanks again for everyone's help!!!

ps. Is there and sites that have all issues Compute! that have articles about Atari online?

Atari BASIC.

Many thanks all!!!!

I have the docs for all but Microsoft Atari Basic II. I have docs for Microsoft Atari Basic I and had amused the differences were in just making it more compatible. If there were new commands/functions then I would like to get the manual? If so, anyone have one?

I have turbo basic, but it might be one of the disc box 'casualties', just in case could you send a link?

As you might see, I've lost some of my 'Application" disks. There are many sites that have games for download, but few have and extensive list of applications/utilities/languages, etc for download, far as I can find, anyone know of a library of apps for Atari 8-bit?

And what about manuals for those apps? Those seem even harder to find. (let's not suggest ebay, please)

Anyway, many thanks again for everyone's help!!!

ps. Is there and sites that have all issues Compute! that have articles about Atari online?

The Atarimania website has over 300 listings in the utilities category.

• 2 weeks later...

MrFish, very funny. Ha ha hah aha :)

But it was nice of them to pin this for my easy access. They should do that with all my important, earth-shattering, & exhilarating posts!!!!!!!

I'll PM the management..... :)

They were just pinning you into admitting you are wrong-- programs are NOT lost.

Ok, thanks everyone, lot of fun.

But now that I have the .atr files, how do I get them back on to a real 5.25 disk if there is copy protection in the .atr?

I have my Atari APE/AtariMax 1200xl connected to my pc. It can read the .atr disk from the pc just fine. Even boot from an .atr in D1 on the PC. But MS Basic .atr is protected. My real D1 (1050) has a USD ic installed, and it is working, but I do not know how to exploit it fully. I have sparta DOS 3.2f on real disk, but I could run any program, or DOS version I can download to my PC.

Suggestions, or links to helpful threads I might have missed?

• 2 months later...

Here is three of them:

Atari Word Processor

Microsoft Basic I

Visicalc

Atari Wordprocessor-Micosoft basic 1.0-Visicalc.zip

If you find Microsoft basic II, I would like to have an atr of it also.

Holmes has MS BASIC II, .atr and ROM

Atari BASIC.

The advantage of MS Basic, though, is that it was pretty universal across platforms. If you were a multi platform developer you wanted MS Basic and not any of the Atari Basic variants because it would be easier to port since most of the popular computers had a version of MS Basic. It was a little trickier translating your Atari Basic programs to Apple or IBM.

• 2 months later...