IGNORED

i have a box of dead NES games and...

so i have a box of dead NES games and i'm wondering...

all the games are water damage even though most of the labels look fine, the chips themselves are rusted, corroded, and just plain nasty. with that in mind, is there is a need for empty shells for perhaps NES reproductions or homebrews?

if not, i have a few ideas to recycle them into useful household items. would anyway want to buy a NES cartridge wall clock?

If you do much collecting for NES, I recommend keeping the cartridge shells. I run across some cracked ones at thrift stores from time to time.

Seconded, although I'd think you'd only really need about 7-10 spares. The rest would be good for homebrews.

Even corroded, many of the carts can probably be bought back to life (if you care) That stuff is still largely through mounted, and unless the chip itself is destroyed, most of it can be repaired or rebuilt.

As for shells, heh, like the clock Idea, clock kits are cheap, and you could take a dead shell, print out a nice label for it....perhaps a nice "Stadium Events" label :P (or keep the one that's on it, if you like it, but I think the Stadium event label would be awesome, and have people shitting their pants)

If my parents would let me I'd definently take all NROM games, but they won't :P

Yeah, crack them open, alclohol them down to remove most of the oxidation, let them dry after you wun them through some water and they should fire up good. My DEV carts I make get oxidation on the pins after I de/resolder chips and such, sometimes makes it flake out, but works after doing that.