IGNORED

Classic99 Updates

Tursi

25 minutes ago, adamantyr said:

Yep, every time I download it, it's not version 14. And there's no AMS on the debug window.

You surely already thought of this, but multiple downloads of the same-named file, increment an attached parenthesized number to the filename. Perhaps you are opening an older file all the time?  [Edit: @OLD CS1’s suggestion is more likely, I am sure.]

...lee

18 minutes ago, Lee Stewart said:

multiple downloads of the same-named file, increment an attached parenthesized number to the filename.

Ugh... Chrome.

Actually, I guess just about all browsers do this now, right?  I just have Firefox set to ask me for every download.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RXB said:

What does the AMS button do?

I ran RXB AMSTEST and it ran checking pages and did nothing?

I do not get what it is showing?

It's supposed to be showing the AMS raw memory (ie: the memory inside the 1MB AMS virtual RAM chip - unrelated to how it's mapped). But I don't have any good tests to prove I did it right... ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, --- Ω --- said:

I wanted to "see what would happen" when the 1.8 version of the F18A emulation is updated with the 1.9 upgrade.  As expected, even on a temporary basis, nothing.  Hey, what else is a guy supposed to do on Christmas eve? ?

Hehe, yes. Classic99 supports the F18A's SPI flash and so the updater can run against it, IIRC the data is even saved to a file in the Classic99 directory, but the FPGA bitstream is not used to emulate the F18A. (That would be pretty cool though ;) )

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Tursi said:

It's supposed to be showing the AMS raw memory (ie: the memory inside the 1MB AMS virtual RAM chip - unrelated to how it's mapped). But I don't have any good tests to prove I did it right... ;)

What do you mean by “unrelated to how it's mapped”? Should not the raw AMS memory area referenced by a particular mapping reflect changes to that map window?

...lee

9 hours ago, Tursi said:

Well when I ran RXB AMSTEST it should show the PAGE changed as I test pages, it does not do that?

EXAMPLE: 2 3 A B C D E F are normal pages.

Load other pages and should show: A2 A3 A4 A5 A6 A7 A8 are the new pages loaded.

Of course these are Address boundaries 2000 3000 A000 B000 C000 D000 E000 F000 repectivly. 

The debuggers should show the paged mapped in SAMS, not just the same thing you would find in Normal memory map..

Yes you can have a page not loaded and you can look at it with this Classic99 Debugger, but if it does not show what is mapped and where.....

(what is the point?) With no reference point this makes the feature kind of useless. 

(Nice first attempt though thanks.)

Edited by RXB
Added Text.

Given I requested the feature, I'll answer that.

It's actually VERY useful because at many points in my CRPG, I would like to see the data that's in a page that is not accessible at the point in code where I'm at.

I have one bug I need to hunt down where after playing awhile, some of the name data got corrupted and I have no idea what process overwrote that area of memory. This will definitely help find it.

• Like 2

On 12/25/2019 at 6:51 AM, Lee Stewart said:

What do you mean by “unrelated to how it's mapped”? Should not the raw AMS memory area referenced by a particular mapping reflect changes to that map window?

No. It's showing you the actual RAM chip (not the 9900's view). The RAM chip is unaffected by the mapper settings. :)

On 12/25/2019 at 7:13 AM, RXB said:

The debuggers should show the paged mapped in SAMS, not just the same thing you would find in Normal memory map..

Yes you can have a page not loaded and you can look at it with this Classic99 Debugger, but if it does not show what is mapped and where.....

I coded what was asked for. If it's mapped into the 9900 memory space, you can already view it through the CPU tab.

Ideally you know where in the AMS you are storing your data - when you do, that's what this is for. ;) What is missing (as you note) is a dump of the registers that tell you what's mapped where, but this is just a stop-gap feature that I was able to put in quickly. 

• Like 1

I have Tursi's permission to post these here, so for anyone looking for old versions of Classic99 for whatever reason, here you go.

Notes:

v399 = This is the original upload that did not work for some people.

v399a = This the reuploaded version becuase some people could not run it on XP for example.

v399.013 = This is the original upload that did not work for some people.

v399.013 (alt) = This the reuploaded version after Tursi made a change to some build options.

classic99 -v361.zip classic99 -v362.zip classic99 -v371.zip classic99 -v395.zip classic99 -v396.zip classic99 -v397.zip classic99 -v398.zip classic99 -v399.008.zip classic99 -v399.009.zip classic99 -v399.010.zip classic99 -v399.011.zip classic99 -v399.012.zip classic99 -v399.013.zip classic99 -v399.013 (alt).zip classic99 -v399.014.zip classic99 -v399.zip classic99 -v399a.zip

Edited by jrhodes
  • Like 2

Meanwhile, the train keeps limping along... ;)

V399.015:

- Add AMS read/write/compare breakpoints
- Add AMS register write from debugger
- Add AMS register dump in debugger (type 'ams' and view debug log - hacky but functional)
- Add 'help' to debugger for list of command syntax
- Add masking to debugger memory accesses - was potential crash point
- Changed CPU register access to require "CR" (like VDP's "VR" and new AMS "AR")

http://harmlesslion.com/software/classic99

• Like 4