IGNORED

Can't decide whitch to get.

As much as I love my Jaguar, I would have gone with the Turbo as well. Huge library, fun games, excellent arcade ports, a CD attachment with a library that's PLENTIFUL.. Classic 16-bit style gaming on crack. It's hard to beat that. :thumbsup:

I do recommend you check the Jaguar out in the future, though. Systems are not all that expensive, and it does have plenty of titles making it worth owning. Good first choice though on the Turbo though, IMO. :)

Edited by Austin

As much as I love my Jaguar, I would have gone with the Turbo as well. Huge library, fun games, excellent arcade ports, a CD attachment with a library that's PLENTIFUL.. Classic 16-bit style gaming on crack. It's hard to beat that. :thumbsup:

I do recommend you check the Jaguar out in the future, though. Systems are not all that expensive, and it does have plenty of titles making it worth owning. Good first choice though on the Turbo though, IMO. :)

I do plan to get one eventually. :). Just this time it was one or the other or I would of got both.

I would recommend to anyone interested in the TG-16, to purchase a Japanese console. The US TG-16 has some good games on it, but I found that all the good stuff was Jap only. The TG-16 blows away the Jaguar in terms of quality games including vast amounts of them, but only if you go the import route. The system is pretty underwhelming if you don't get imports, it has one of the worst controllers every produced (before someone tries arguing this point, the TG-16 controller has like a 2 ft cord, you practically have to sit on the console to play games), and most of the great US games can be counted with your fingers, and in that sense I don't see it as having any advantages over the Jaguar.

I'm partial to the Turbo Grafx also. I didn't like many of the titles I saw for Jaguar and I didn't own Jaguar that long. There's a lot of really good games I like for the Turbo.. Bomberman '93 was one of the best (if not the best) Bomberman IMHO. I can never remember the name, but they had a Tennis RPG that was fun.

I'm obviously biased, but definitely Turbo over the Jag. I read that you already got the Turbo with Booster+ and Keith Courage and Splatterhouse. Good job. I think $50 is a good price for all that, especially with Splatterhouse and the Booster+. I still want a Booster+ myself but I rarely find one by itself. It always has the TG-16, too, and I already have that part. I might just go ahead one day and buy it anyway.

But there are some games that I recommend...

Neutopia I and II. (Zelda ripoffs, but Zelda was great so it's not a bad thing. Also supported by the Booster+ save feature IIRC)

Raiden (you get the whole screen, not just 2/3 of it like the Jag version)

Bonk I and II. (Maybe Bonk 3 also, but I haven't played it. One is easier than Two, but both are fun)

R-Type (the NA version has the whole game on one chip, the Japanese version has the first half on one chip and the second on another.)

If you get the CD attachment (I don't have it, but play these games via Wii Virtual Arcade)

Gate of Thunder and Y's are two great games.

I used to consider myself an Atari completest, but with the passing of time I find no use for the Jaguar.

I have played both systems and like them both, but the TG-16 has a better line up of games and you can branch out to the Turbo 16 for an even larger selection.

The Jaguar has the Cd, but the games are still just not there....

Go with the TG-16 for sure....if he sells his on ya, I have one with one controller and Keith Courage for ya'!

Thansk for the advice guys, I ended up going for the TG-16, it did not come with the CD attachment, but I did get the TurboBooster Plus with it, he also threw in two Games Keith Courage and Splatterhouse. Not the best deal but I have had loads of fn with it so far.

Im so jealous! I really really want a Turbo Booster + so I can save games. I hate passwords. I've got the Turbo Booster that just lets you use composite video which is cool....but I'd love to be able to save games like Neutopia.