IGNORED

Is a broken PCjr worth anything?

I got a PCjr without a power supply or keyboard in a lot of computer stuff that I agreed to take mainly so I could get a C64 that was in the lot. I believe the PCjr to be nonfunctional, although I know the floppy drive is functional, as I have been using it the past couple of days with my PC and my Color Computer 3.

Basically, I'm wondering if something like that would be sell-able if I cleaned it up. Bear in mind the case is missing a foot and its case badge. Also, I believe components such as the FDC and the RAM expansion card to be functional, as well as the parallel printer interface accessory that came with it. These conclusions are guesses, however, based on visual inspections of each component. The power board and motherboard are the two items that look in bad shape.

I also have a PCjr joystick that came in the lot.

Opinions?

DOH! I missed this thread. Worth anything as-is, probably not with what you described. I've always wanted a PCjr but now I am out of room. They seem like really cool machines with the cart interface as well as disk access.

Pics! I'd love to see what you have there :)

Do you want pics of the whole haul, or just the PCjr? 'Cause I got a ton of stuff from this guy, not only the C64 I wanted, but also an SX-64, a Tandy 1400FD (powers up but no video on the display), a Megafile 30 (already sold), an 850 interface, a few Atari joysticks, random power supplies, Commodore serial cables, and a TI-99/4a that might work after I replace the VDP.