IGNORED

TI99/4a Space Invaders clone ?

I can't think of any. Probably due to the sheer # of sprites involved is what scared away devs maybe. There oddly enough was Astro Fighter ported to the TI. I only first discovered it via emulators a few years ago.

I'd love to see Galaxians for the TI.

Colecovision has it, should be doable for the TI as well.

On that note I'd also love to see Gorf for the TI.. it's on the Coleco as well. Probably my favorite S.I. type game.

I can't think of any. Probably due to the sheer # of sprites involved is what scared away devs maybe. There oddly enough was Astro Fighter ported to the TI. I only first discovered it via emulators a few years ago.

I'd love to see Galaxians for the TI.

Colecovision has it, should be doable for the TI as well.

Gorf would rock, but I'd like to see a better, more arcade like version of it for the TI than the Colecovision one. The invaders are weak looking and so is the mothership at the end. It's drawn all squished. Should be a thinner, longer ship.

Don't forget Demon Attack and maybe to a lesser extent, Slymoids (okay, a stretch) for some Space Invaders like shooting action!

-edit-

Can't believe I forgot about Galaga... would be awesome to see a decent port of that for the TI! For such a popular and successful arcade game, there seems to be very few ports out there. The 7800 version is pretty weak comparatively.

Edited by save2600

I agree about Gorf, it could've looked better, even with the limits of the system. Sounds like you have it on Coleco as well. It's still pretty fun and at least it isn't as bad as some other arcade ports (e.g. Pole Position on the TI).

Gorf would rock, but I'd like to see a better, more arcade like version of it for the TI than the Colecovision one. The invaders are weak looking and so is the mothership at the end. It's drawn all squished. Should be a thinner, longer ship.

Don't forget Demon Attack and maybe to a lesser extent, Slymoids (okay, a stretch) for some Space Invaders like shooting action!

I wrote Inaccurate Invaders for the TI in < 40 lines of Extended BASIC for the SGCC contest - it came in 2nd place.

Sounds cool! Is a .wav or mp3 file available of this for those of us that still use tape recorders and have no other means of getting programs from the 'net into our TI's? Yes, I am aware of that doo-dad that schmutzig produces... just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet :(

Edited by save2600

Dunno - but it's playable in emulators and stuff... Let's just be clear - it's not "good". :)

Oh - got the acronym wrong. SSGC (short sweet game competition)

http://www.tigameshelf.net/xb.htm - has a link to various things... And, join us in the TI Programming forum here on Atari age for all sorts of stuff.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/forum/119-ti-994a-programming/

-Howie

I wrote Inaccurate Invaders for the TI in < 40 lines of Extended BASIC for the SGCC contest - it came in 2nd place.
Sounds cool! Is a .wav or mp3 file available of this for those of us that still use tape recorders and have no other means of getting programs from the 'net into our TI's? Yes, I am aware of that doo-dad that schmutzig produces... just haven't gotten around to ordering one yet :(
Edited by unhuman