IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Week 49 - Keystone Kapers

Ze_ro

Chuck - I'm sure tomorrow morning you will be bright as day and ready to take this title on again.

As for myself - I have learned to use the elevators and my timing is improving. I badly want the patch score but I'd live with 30K for now. Getting damn close...reached a new level on this game I've not seen before...

post-6551-127985408628_thumb.jpg

30K is on the way...........

Woo Hoo! I got it figured out, and stopped at the halfway point with max lives left. I estimate 3.5-4.0 hours to get to 1,000,000.

post-10944-128003552217_thumb.jpg

Holy cow, that's awesome!

I'm having trouble with the two low-bouncing balls (among other things). I used to be a lot better at this game, but I haven't played it in years, so it's taking some effort to get the hang of the timing and technique needed for certain obstacles. One thing I'm doing different now is using the elevator as much as possible. Back when I used to play this game a lot, I think I usually ignored the elevator, and just took the escalators all the time-- but you get more points for the remaining time you save by using the elevator, than you do for collecting any bags or brief cases, so now I'm trying to use the elevators. Once I get the hang of the two low-bouncing balls again, I should be able to improve my last not-very-high score a little bit. :(

Michael

I'm having trouble with the two low-bouncing balls (among other things). I used to be a lot better at this game, but I haven't played it in years, so it's taking some effort to get the hang of the timing and technique needed for certain obstacles. One thing I'm doing different now is using the elevator as much as possible. Back when I used to play this game a lot, I think I usually ignored the elevator, and just took the escalators all the time-- but you get more points for the remaining time you save by using the elevator, than you do for collecting any bags or brief cases, so now I'm trying to use the elevators. Once I get the hang of the two low-bouncing balls again, I should be able to improve my last not-very-high score a little bit. :(

We are in the exact same boat regarding tough obstacles and previously never using the elevators (I always swore they were only there to throw you off and waste your time). Our scores are similar as well, not surprising.

Woo Hoo! I got it figured out, and stopped at the halfway point with max lives left. I estimate 3.5-4.0 hours to get to 1,000,000.

post-10944-128003552217_thumb.jpg

Holy cow, that's awesome!

Michael

I've gotten past the two bouncing balls. Run left and jump the first ball at its lowest pint. When the guy lands, run 3 or 4 steps back to the right and then jump back to the left. The second ball will be at its lowest point. Since I'm not scoring half a million, it's the little victories, like not getting hit with those double bouncers (sometimes).

Run left and jump the first ball at its lowest pint.

Yeah, I've been trying, but I can't seem to find the right spot/timing. :) I *have* managed to jump over the first ball a few times, but if I do, the second ball usually gets me.

When the guy lands, run 3 or 4 steps back to the right and then jump back to the left. The second ball will be at its lowest point.

I've been trying that, too, but the second ball is even harder than the first-- probably because I usually get hit by the first ball, which makes both balls disappear, so I don't have as much of an opportunity to get the hang of jumping the second ball. I think I may have jumped it one time out of a zillion-- well, more like out of a dozen, if you discount all the times I hit the first ball and made them both disappear!

I think much of my problem is that I want to just keep running nonstop and jump things, which works great at the lower levels-- even with ducking the planes and the high-bouncing balls. So I just want to run at the first ball and jump it, but the bouncing isn't timed right for that, so I need to find the right spot to stop and wait for the first ball. If I just slow down a bit, and take a few seconds longer with the harder obstacles, it would probably still save more time than the seconds that get deducted for hitting things. :ponder:

Michael

:-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o :-o

That's a huge score, toymailman!! It's more difficulty to beat! At least, I reached my goal for this game: score more than 35,000 points to get an Acticivion Patch (Billy Club).

This game keeps kicking my ass. I got through seven levels untouched - absolutely perfect, and lost it all in a big hurry. A slight improvement, though....29,200. I have to go back to the drawing board on the double bouncy balls; I was following the advice someone left about just hitting them to save time, but theres another batch of them near the top, so you lose a total of 20 off the counter which doesnt leave many points when you finally catch the little bastard. Morgan

This game keeps kicking my ass. I got through seven levels untouched - absolutely perfect, and lost it all in a big hurry. A slight improvement, though....29,200. I have to go back to the drawing board on the double bouncy balls; I was following the advice someone left about just hitting them to save time, but theres another batch of them near the top, so you lose a total of 20 off the counter which doesnt leave many points when you finally catch the little bastard. Morgan

That is my strategy. I think it is less, maybe 6 or 8 seconds. I can't stand trying to get through, burning time, then hitting one anyway and losing 15 seconds, for me better to take the quick hit and make sure I catch the elevator! That is key

That is my strategy. I think it is less, maybe 6 or 8 seconds. I can't stand trying to get through, burning time, then hitting one anyway and losing 15 seconds, for me better to take the quick hit and make sure I catch the elevator! That is key

OK, tonight I will assess the position of the elevator before I hit the beach balls, then decide what to do. When I get to the top beach balls I will check the counter and decide what to do. So, if I am on screen eight and I take a biplane to the forehead, I start again on screen eight right?? Once I know I am on screen nine and double time points, I think my strategy will change a bit; I am really just pushing to get the 35K patch level and I will be able to put this one down for a long while. Morgan

Woo-hoo! I patched in two different millennia.

There's a good reason why I could almost taste the patch; it was the aroma coming from the drawer in the other room. I forgot I had it.

I put my original patch in my score pic as a nod to the six-figure folk. Sweet awesomeness in those big scores.

post-26187-128027581009_thumb.jpg

Edited by Scrabbler15