IGNORED

Is this joystick any good?

I just bought this Konix Navigator on ebay. Because of the blue/grey color scheme, I thought it would look pretty ace with my 1040 STe and Atari Powerpad. I was just wondering if anyone has used one of these before and if they liked it. If not, then I guess I'll find out when it comes in the mail in about a week. :-)

joySTick.jpg

Edited by Major Havoc 2049

I bet you'd have a sore trigger finger in minutes... plus the design would seem to force 2-handed use even if the game doesn't use the fire button.

There is an auto-fire switch on the top, so for fire button heavy games, I'll just use the auto-fire. I've been playing a lot of Menace and Blood Money here of late, so that will come in handy.

I was doing some research, and I guess the Konix Navigator usually comes in black, with blue buttons. I guess when Konix was thinking about making the Konix Multi System console, they were going to use a grey/blue color scheme and the joystick included with the system was going to be the Navigator, to go along with the steering wheel and light gun. When the console was canceled, they made the Limited Edition run of the Navigator with the grey/blue color scheme.

joystick_sm.jpg

show_chair2.jpg

That is a great stick, it does force two hand use, but it's very comfortable. I actually thought about picking one of these up from the UK seller that has them on Ebay (I'm assuming it's the same seller as these don't come up too often)

I bet you'd have a sore trigger finger in minutes... plus the design would seem to force 2-handed use even if the game doesn't use the fire button.

Can you use a standard joystick with one hand? ;)

Pistogrip styled ones for sure - even the Competition Pro can be used with one hand although the fire button use might be less responsive.

I have a feeling that joysticks with suction cups weren't very popular in the US. On the other hand here it's kind of the norm. And I never liked the competition pro.

They weren't popular here, either, but they were common-- the suction cup was just there as an annoyance. Very few of my aftermarket sticks don't have suction cups.

It came in the mail the other day. Looks pretty slick. As soon as I have some time, I'll put it to the test with a few joystick heavy games.

DSCN0370.jpg

EDIT: Hmmm..I just noticed that the left-hand side of my ST is starting to discolor where the sun sometimes hits through the crack in the window blinds...I'll have to take care of that.