IGNORED

GB-XC1 PlayStation controller interface

GroovyBee

Did this ever get done?

Two prototypes were built. One for Albert to demo at CGE and one for myself. I need to do some research on boxes because to build a complete unit from start to finish takes far too long with all the manual case preparation.

Any info you could give me would be much appreciated. Thank you!

As soon as I've some more information I'll update this thread accordingly.

I have one of the big, arcade style joysticks for the ps2. It would be a dream if those worked with this.... any idea why it wouldn't?

If I don't have one to test against I won't guarantee that it works with it.

Also, will these eventually be available in the atariage store?

That depends on Albert and how difficult they are to manufacture.

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the big, arcade style joysticks for the ps2. It would be a dream if those worked with this.... any idea why it wouldn't?

If I don't have one to test against I won't guarantee that it works with it.

Also, will these eventually be available in the atariage store?

That depends on Albert and how difficult they are to manufacture.

Wow! just came across this and I must say you are one talented person! Any idea on a price? Any possibility of a 5200 model? Just curious. Thank you.

Wow! just came across this and I must say you are one talented person!

Thanks for the compliment.

Any idea on a price? Any possibility of a 5200 model? Just curious. Thank you.

No prices yet. I need to send out a 2nd revision of the PCB to correct a few flaws in the design.

I stepped down from the 5200 version here because hex65000 was already working on a 5200 version. So unless he declares he's out of the running then I won't be doing a 5200 version.

Wow! just came across this and I must say you are one talented person!

Thanks for the compliment.

Any idea on a price? Any possibility of a 5200 model? Just curious. Thank you.

No prices yet. I need to send out a 2nd revision of the PCB to correct a few flaws in the design.

I stepped down from the 5200 version here because hex65000 was already working on a 5200 version. So unless he declares he's out of the running then I won't be doing a 5200 version.

Thanks for the quick reply and answers. Good luck with your work!

• 3 weeks later...

Man! GB that sounds super awesome! Here's hoping this is doable beyond prototype. If so I definitely want one! Robotron and Xevious without the hand cramps! I saw the Atari comp version of the Robotron box.. anyone ever seen what he 7800 version was to look like or were they assuming you'd use your old 2600 controllers?

• 2 years later...

Just curious, what ever happened to this project? Super interested.

I think at the time Groovybee might have put on the side due to the 7800 XM that he was working with Curt on. All I know for sure is he left the 7800 scene earlier this year including no longer being involved with the 7800 XM hardware, but he's still on the Atariage message boards, just not the 7800.

I know that he has been been involved with the Intellivision scene since 2010. He has projects for multiple systems and is hard to say when he will get back to the controller interface project for the 7800 as a result.

Edited by 8th lutz

He has projects for multiple systems and is hard to say when he will get back to the controller interface project for the 7800 as a result.

From what I've read here on AtariAge that guy said he had a whole ton of games for the XM when it came out but now it looks like

none of them are going to be. Sad to see cause he would have had the best insight as to what the XM can add to games do to being

part of developing it.

Some homebrewer should port Space Dungeon and Vanguard to the 7800. :)

This is my favorite wireless PS2 controller. I don't like the d-pad but overall I prefer it to over my Logitech. And it's the only one officially licensed by Sony if that means anything quality wise to anyone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WE8JCA/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000WE8JCA&linkCode=as2

Edit: I didn't realize that this thread was so old. Either I forgot about this thread or it slipped by me back then.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...