IGNORED

Vectrex homebrew of TomCat possible?

ComputerSpaceFan

So I was reading at the Killer List of Video games website about an abandoned vector project of Atari called TomCat.

Turns out the game was not completed and there is a very good site from the designer going into the details.

What I was wondering is, would any Vectrex homebrewers be able to make something like this? I don't know the specs of the Vectrex well enough to know if this game is beyond its capabilities but I have seen a few Star Wars attempts made quite well on the little machine so perhaps it's doable?

Personally I'd like to see Tail Gunner or Warrior done first, but that's just my personal Vectrex pipedream.

I love the vectrex. Any new games for it would be a blessing. Its been a while since anything new was released (at least that I know of)

Well I know Sectis was just announced a week or so ago, although Fury is just shipping the pre-orders at this stage. I think the Vectrex community does a decent job of keeping the homebrews coming. Sure wish they'd make a Tailgunner or Warrior though.

I love the vectrex. Any new games for it would be a blessing. Its been a while since anything new was released (at least that I know of)

Well I know Sectis was just announced a week or so ago, although Fury is just shipping the pre-orders at this stage. I think the Vectrex community does a decent job of keeping the homebrews coming. Sure wish they'd make a Tailgunner or Warrior though.

and Fury is to release another new game called Continuum at CGE2010 and in a few days you will also be able to order it direct from Fury:

http://www.furyunlimited.com/_sgg/m1_1.htm

VectrexMad!

Edited by VectrexMad!