IGNORED

5200 Redemption *MUST* be re-issued!

eightbit

Well, I would not want to sell an "incomplete" version. However, if I could find suitable DB-15 cables to go between the Redemption and the 5200, I like the idea of having an external connector on the Redemption and using a standalone cable. This would let someone use a shorter or longer cable as well. The trick is finding a cable that would work with minimal (or even better, no) modifications. Also, I would use a different housing this time around, rather than using 5200 shells. While that was interesting, those shells are a pain in the neck to prepare even for homebrew games, and there were more steps involved in using them for the Redemption.

..Al

Al - this is what I use YS-006. You get two db15 cables for $10.95. These are deep db15 and fit NeoGeo or Atari 5200.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6ft-DB15-Joystick-Game-Port-Male-2Female-Splitter-Cable-CablesOnline-YS-006-/290945157651?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43bdaeca13

• Like 3

hey al... i think the kickstarter idea is actually a pretty good one... put me down for at least a genesis and a 5200 redemption.... for starters anyways... what other classic gaming products do you offer in your arsenal?

P.S. if you need assistance vending out to china, let me know.... im a quality engineer who works quite frequently with Chinese manufacturers.... only problem is usually a long lead time....

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've handwired a couple of Masterplay clones using Low_Budget's circuit design that he posted here on AtariAge. Since I sold both of those I decided to have some pcb's printed up to make the process easier. Here's a few that I put together using the printed pcb's. If there is enough interest I could build ten or so of them. They work great and it's really handy having the keypad right there without the need for a stock 5200 controller.

post-26765-0-79970600-1412522678_thumb.jpg

post-26765-0-77446500-1412522709_thumb.jpg

post-26765-0-85847200-1412522717_thumb.jpg

post-26765-0-97283400-1412522795_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I've handwired a couple of Masterplay clones using Low_Budget's circuit design that he posted here on AtariAge. Since I sold both of those I decided to have some pcb's printed up to make the process easier. Here's a few that I put together using the printed pcb's. If there is enough interest I could build ten or so of them. They work great and it's really handy having the keypad right there without the need for a stock 5200 controller.

Are the knobs for calibration?

• Like 1

I would be very interested, even a kit were a person could source there own projext box and put it together would be great. I plan on getting my 5200 going this winter.

Forrest