IGNORED

What Mightiest Angel? *Blink*

Thomas

I thought since there were PLANES flying around in COMBAT, I would have them fly through Heaven? So I made some "Pearly Gates" and an angel to referee, but a fella on Facebook says my angel looks more like a fat guy giving the finger!!

ACK!!!

See attached. It is SUPPOSED to be an angel. Really! I am a writer, not an artist! :)

post-26732-128095262841_thumb.jpg

If you use the disassembly, you can increase the size of the gfx tables for more detail.

Check where the display kernel is taking the Scanline count variable and dividing it by 8 (LSR x 3) before passing it to the Y index (TAY). If you remove one of the LSR's, you double the resolution for the bitmaps. Remove two, and it quadruples. No problem in Combat, since you can move the last 4 bytes forward to create a 4k game (explained in the disassembly)...providing plenty of space for larger bitmaps.

If you use the disassembly, you can increase the size of the gfx tables for more detail.

Check where the display kernel is taking the Scanline count variable and dividing it by 8 (LSR x 3) before passing it to the Y index (TAY). If you remove one of the LSR's, you double the resolution for the bitmaps. Remove two, and it quadruples. No problem in Combat, since you can move the last 4 bytes forward to create a 4k game (explained in the disassembly)...providing plenty of space for larger bitmaps.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/167170-i-feel-an-introduction-is-in-order/

Edited by Thomas

This is what I'm referring to...

All the graphics has been unshared between images and screens (they run in order...the first 3 sections are for one tank maze, the next 3 for the other tank maze, the next 3 for the empty maze, and the last 3 for the sky). The screen resolution is quadrupled in size, and no longer mirrored from top to bottom. Player2's graphics have also been seperated from player 1's (all player 2 shapes appear first in memory...with player 1's shapes taking up the leftover space between screen bitmaps). I also fixed the scanline count at 262 (original game is 263...so color would be lost on PAL)...and put the leftover scanlines to the score font instead of throwing them down on the bottom. There's even enough cycle time and variable space to work in the ball sprite, if you wanted to use it as a rogue mine that is lethal to both players...for example. It looks as though this was a consideration - judging from the gaps in the variable table.

Even with all of those changes, there's still a couple of unused pages after bumping the game up to use 4k.

Combat(higher_resolution).zip

Edited by Nukey Shay