IGNORED

Arcade hacks list?

Ethaniel

You can use its finger to pick your nose. It might think twice before doing that again.

I don't remember seeing a thread with them listed, but it's not hard to browse through this hacks forum. It takes time to find all the goodies because it's so many pages deep, but the time it takes is worth it. There are a lot of good hacks here, so you'll not only find all the "Arcade" hacks, but a lot of others you'll like as well. Don't bother with the search function for this.

BTW, Galaxian has just gotten a lot cooler. Hopefully, it'll be ready for upload soon, (it's different from the one in my thread; it's been updated since then). I'll post more info about it once it's done. ;)

You can use its finger to pick your nose. It might think twice before doing that again.

Good idea!

well i know it takes a lot of time...

anyway i created this thread after reading your thread about arcade hacks and they look totaly awesome! although i cant get past the first level of double dragon :P

so on topic. i will use the old hacks and homebrews 1.2 list and try find the new ones.

The problem with the topic is that there are differing opinions of what makes a game hack truer to the arcade...or the hackers might differ in ability to turn that vision into a working game. Alternately, hacks generally get better as time marches one...so what was originally named as an "arcade hack" might be less faithful that one that appears later.

Pac-Man and Missile Command are both prime examples.

As far as Galaxian is concerned...I'm just about done tweaking the code & passing it to Kevin to update the graphics.

But here's a look at it (it's still 8k):

post-222-128193938337_thumb.jpg

post-222-128193939411_thumb.jpg

post-222-128193940529_thumb.jpg

• Like 1