IGNORED

why does ebay keep messing with things?

Reaperman

I don't know how long it's been going on, but probably a few weeks. These days when I put in a search for 'snes rpg' in titles I get a *LOT* of things that don't have 'rpg' in the title. After some investigation, those fools decided to expand my search to include all items for the snes system in the 'role playing' category. This would be fine, except that everybody and their brother is using the 'role playing' metadata to sell their copies of madden and super baja, and ebay doesn't even provide the option to unexpand the search.

Anybody else notice this? I make an ebay purchase, right around one a day, and simply making their search work has gotten problematic. it's getting to the point where I wish somebody would make a 3rd party site for ebay search.

Edited by Reaperman

They probably want to show you more stuff that may interest you, but they forget that they are making their search more useless. They will eventually enough buyers that sellers will have to start leaving. How many atari tshirts were in your last search?

I have heavily curtailed my eBay use