IGNORED

Game demos automatically added to library?

Hyper_Eye

Today I fired up my Xbox 360 and went into my games library. There were two game demos I have never even heard of before in it. One is called Peggle and I can't think of the other one atm. I thought maybe it was just put in there as a recommendation that could be downloaded if you wanted to try it but it fired right up. Where did these games come from? I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy so I logged into my account online and I definitely did not download these.

Edited by Hyper_Eye

Today I fired up my Xbox 360 and went into my games library. There were two game demos I have never even heard of before in it. One is called Peggle and I can't think of the other one atm. I thought maybe it was just put in there as a recommendation that could be downloaded if you wanted to try it but it fired right up. Where did these games come from? I wanted to make sure I wasn't crazy so I logged into my account online and I definitely did not download these.

It seems to me there is (or used to be) a a choice under your profile settings that would allow you to auto download the latest demo's.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090226010021AAJiMnF

Doesn't sound like this is the case in what you're describing. I'll have to check my account to see if I have any new demo's. I already have Peggle, but not the other game you mentioned.

Remember, your system, and each hdd and memory card you buy will have a, or a few, demos and full games preinstalled on them already. I've got half a dozen different "live" games that came on various devices I got, their just trying to push this off on you to encourage you to pay money for the things online. In my case, it would save them money if they'd ax the free demos cause I'm not going to buy one anyways without a hard copy.

It seems to me there is (or used to be) a a choice under your profile settings that would allow you to auto download the latest demo's.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090226010021AAJiMnF

Doesn't sound like this is the case in what you're describing. I'll have to check my account to see if I have any new demo's. I already have Peggle, but not the other game you mentioned.

All that does is to keep downloading stuff you started downloading even though you've turned off your console. It still won't download anything you didn't intentionally download. I think Video probably hit the nail on the head. I know I don't have Peggle on my system.