IGNORED

What the heck are these?

Xot

Just won an auction for these interesting looking 2600 carts. The guy says one is a 'space shooter type game' and the other one 'plays Spiderman when first turned on,' leading me to guess it may be a multicart.

Anyone have a clue? They look Taiwanese.

post-2244-1038193298_thumb.jpg

The auction win was $6.56 and shipping was $4.00. I actually out-sniped a sniper this time :)

I'm big into import games and other unusual games. I have a ton of those 'cooper black' knockoffs, about a dozen Quelle carts, and some other oddball things in my collection, like an NES 110-in-1 and the Blockbuster-only Final Fight Guy for SNES.

I was happy with the score. :)

So hey, I punched Condor Attack into the AA database and got this:

http://www.atariage.com/cart_page.html?Sof...areLabelID=2247

I woulda thought this was a Zellers cart from the looks of it... is there any decisive wasy to tell?

Well, note the end labels being in Chinese... So they're not Zellers, exactly. It's neat that we're seeing more carts with foreign scripts...

I woulda thought this was a Zellers cart from the looks of it... is there any decisive wasy to tell?

Well, note the end labels being in Chinese... So they're not Zellers, exactly. It's neat that we're seeing more carts with foreign scripts...

I meant that Condor Attack looked like a Zellers cart... then again, so does the pictured cart on the right. I'll let you all know what they are when I get them, and if the Al's are interested I'll provide high-res scans for inclusion on AA.

I meant that Condor Attack looked like a Zellers cart... then again, so does the pictured cart on the right. I'll let you all know what they are when I get them, and if the Al's are interested I'll provide high-res scans for inclusion on AA.

Xot, we'd like to get scans of those, thanks. The end labels are especially interesting.

The only way to tell a Zellers game is from the box. All they did was repackage pirate games, so you often see similar cartridges that weren't actually sold through Zellers. If you look at our Zellers list, that is all we have been able to confirm with a box.

Also, I have never seen that particular case (which we call a "V Case") used by Zellers.

All righty, finally got these babies in my hands.

The multi-picture cart is Parker Bros. Spider-Man, no ROM changes at all from what I can tell.

The one with the spaceman artwork is a game that I've only seen as the Cooper Black cart Spider:

http://www.atariage.com/software_page.html...areLabelID=1717

It's actually a pretty cool game. Along those lines I picked up a few more Cooper Black carts, one of which was Pitfall and has the Activision logo replaced with "CCE." Could this mean that CCE produced ALL those Cooper Black carts??

Note to the Als: High res scans coming as time permits.

It's actually a pretty cool game. Along those lines I picked up a few more Cooper Black carts, one of which was Pitfall and has the Activision logo replaced with "CCE." Could this mean that CCE produced ALL those Cooper Black carts?

It is pretty safe to assume that CCE did not do any programming at all.

I always picture a production facility in Taiwan where they made tons of games for lots of manufacturers, known and unknown, like CCE and other 'pirate' brands. I think they even produced games for Atari there. Why do I think that? Because I've found regular Atari boards (with Atari logo and serial numbers) in several pirated games.

Who were they? Eckhard Stolberg put forward a very nice, and credible thesis of Bit Corp being the "mother of all pirateers" company. I've elaborated on that in the prologue to the Atari 2600 import section in the new DPG. I've not gotten any responses to that piece, so I'm curious as to what you guys think about it. :)

Cheers,

Marco

Eckhard Stolberg put forward a very nice, and credible thesis of Bit Corp being the "mother of all pirateers" company. I've elaborated on that in the prologue to the Atari 2600 import section in the new DPG.

Oops, I guess I need to do some reading (I'm so far behind)...

I thought Suntek was looking like the likeliest candidate, at least at the time I printed "Starsoft Nicht Existierent" in 2600 Connection.

To be honest, I always thought Bit Corp was more or less legitimate just because they seem to have actually designed stuff from time to time, even though some of that may be based on other hardware (like the Gamate is by Bit IIRC, but may have its architecture in common with the Gameboy). Hmm, I don't know...