IGNORED

What games are depicted on the PAL 7800 box?

ApolloBoy

My PAL box says © 1988 on it and has the following games featured on it in varying places: Dark Chamber, Mario Bros, Impossible Mission, Tower Toppler, Centipede, Cracked, Ms Pacman, Karateka, Dig Dug, Xevious, Ballblazer, Joust, Hat Trick, Desert Falcon, DK Junior, Pole Position II, Crossbow, and Fight Night.

My PAL box says © 1988 on it and has the following games featured on it in varying places: Dark Chamber, Mario Bros, Impossible Mission, Tower Toppler, Centipede, Cracked, Ms Pacman, Karateka, Dig Dug, Xevious, Ballblazer, Joust, Hat Trick, Desert Falcon, DK Junior, Pole Position II, Crossbow, and Fight Night.

Sounds like it may have been released in 1989 then, judging from some of the games shown on the box.

Interesting. I've never seen a PAL 7800 box.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone else have an idea of when the PAL 7800 was released? Carmel, do you remember when you first saw the 7800 in stores?

The console unit I have (PAL) has a build Asteroids game, which is usual. When I launch that game there is "copyright 1989" statement in that game. So I think it could be 1989 when PAL version of the 7800 was released. 1989 - its pretty late release. I don't know if the unit comes from United Kingdom, Germany or France though, if that can make any difference. In Poland 7800 wasn't distributed in that time.

The earliest I can remember seeing a Lynx over here was 1988. I had a video called "What Video Game Console?" that I bought from one of my local games shops and it had the 7800 on it as newly released as well a preview of the Lynx and section on the 2600 too.

I can also remember seeinfg the 7800 in Toys R Us, Argos and Catalogues around this time too and advertised as NEW. I also remember wanting one but that didn't come about until about 5 years ago :lol: