IGNORED

Best way to flip graphic data

grafixbmp

I used notepad to do quite a bit of graphics and now I want to prep it for insertion into code but don't want to go through line by line to put it in backwards. Are there any quick methods for taking a block of binary and reversing the byte order?

My sprite converter will spit it out both ways. The GIF needs to be online, you can put it on AA and it'll work, as shown in replies 5 & 6 of this thread.

Besides the 8 pixel converter, I have other online converters for the Medieval Mayhem dragon format, 48 pixel graphic and 96 pixel graphic.

Just to clarify, I am not referring to reversing each byte as in 00100110 to 01100100 (not this)

I mean like this:

This block of data...

becomes this.

This is what I need to do in mass. Which method mentioned above would be the easiest approach?

This is what I need to do in mass. Which method mentioned above would be the easiest approach?

It depends on what's easy for you. If CLI isn't a problem for you, the tac is easy...

tac myfile.txt > myfile2.txt

...But that example assumes tac is in PATH, and you've used "cd" to get in the same directory as your file.

If that last sentence isn't clear, its probably easier to go with another solution.

Edited by RevEng