IGNORED

Can't get enemy to show

endrien

I set the enemy as player2.

Without looking at your code, if you really set the enemy as player2, that's your problem. If you're using the default kernel, there's player0 and player1.

If you want more than two sprites, you either need to use flicker or the Multisprite Kernel.

Well, I tried to compile the code and I got a bunch of problems.

It says that the following things weren't ever stated in the program:

player2height

player2x

player2y

player2pointerlo

player2pointerhi

Also, the default is two players (sprites) on screen at once. So that would mean you and one enemy. There are several ways around that, such as the Multisprite kernel or replicating one sprite over.

Without looking at your code, if you really set the enemy as player2, that's your problem. If you're using the default kernel, there's player0 and player1.

If you want more than two sprites, you either need to use flicker or the Multisprite Kernel.

Is there a way to use flicker in BB? If so, do you know any games that use it? I am just curious. Never saw it on your page.

Cliff

Is there a way to use flicker in BB? If so, do you know any games that use it? I am just curious. Never saw it on your page.

Look for works in progress posted by jrok. I don't think he has posted a 30 hz flicker tutorial yet, but maybe he'll do that when he gets a chance.

Hmmm, could you explain this a bit more? I believe the way my code currently is, it uses p0 for something else.

Well, I tried to compile the code and I got a bunch of problems.

It says that the following things weren't ever stated in the program:

player2height

player2x

player2y

player2pointerlo

player2pointerhi

Also, the default is two players (sprites) on screen at once. So that would mean you and one enemy. There are several ways around that, such as the Multisprite kernel or replicating one sprite over.

The code compiles for me, just gives a black screen when ran. Player2 x/y is stated in the program.

Hmmm, could you explain this a bit more? I believe the way my code currently is, it uses p0 for something else.

Take a look at the bB page:

http://www.randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#objects

Read that section and you'll see what I'm talking about.