IGNORED

Halo Question

Mendon

With Reach soon upon us, there is now a plethora of TV, magazine, and website ad's/stories for the game. While watching X-Play the other day that featured a couple segments on the multiplayer aspect of the game, I got to thinking:

Sony released the God of War collection, is releasing a Ratchet & Clank collection, and has hinted of the possibility of another collection or two being released in the future. All these collections feature updated graphic's and controls to take advantage of the PS3. Rumors are now flying around about Nintendo releasing a Super Mario collection for the Wii (sort of like All Star's) in Japan. Couldn't MS release a Halo collection that features Halo Combat Evolved and Halo 2 with updated graphic's and controls for the Xbox360??

Sure, even though the games are playable on the 360, they could become "official" 360 releases with easy availability for purchase, achievements, maybe additional maps or features, and recognition/rewards within Waypoint?

I would tend to think that it could be a money maker for MS without a heavy, heavy investment of time and money.

Good idea.... bad idea..... indifferent?

Mendon

Rumors are now flying around about Nintendo releasing a Super Mario collection for the Wii (sort of like All Star's) in Japan.

Actually, from what I've read and understood, it appears to be just a rerelease of Super Mario All-Stars for the Wii with a few extra goodies in the box.

As for Halo remakes, a two-pack of Halo 1 & 2 updated for the 360 would be great, especially if it features all of the original maps from those two games fully updated but laid out as it was back in the original releases. Also the ability to play in "classic multiplayer" modes with classic rules, vehicle availability, and all that would be nice. But somehow I just don't see that happening.

Not right now, anyway.

I seem to remember there being a "halo collection" A few years back. This was berfor the third game, it was a pack that had the first game, second game, and some level discs for the second game (or some such thing) I never got it, wish I had. Maybe Amazon has one?

A full rerelease ofall the halos in a big collection would be cool, but then again, Halo Combat Evolved is still available in stores :P

I seem to remember there being a "halo collection" A few years back. This was berfor the third game, it was a pack that had the first game, second game, and some level discs for the second game (or some such thing) I never got it, wish I had. Maybe Amazon has one?

A full rerelease ofall the halos in a big collection would be cool, but then again, Halo Combat Evolved is still available in stores :P

Yes. There was a three-game bundle which included Halo, Halo 2 and a map expansion pack for Halo 2. It was released on the original Xbox toward the end of its lifecycle, I believe.

I think it would be a good investment to recreate these games with updated visuals (i.e., Halo 3 style graphics in the original Halo). Even bring back the online portions for each title, with their own individual rules. I think it would at least be a small hit with the fans.

At worst though they could just re-release the Halo triple pack and slap a new 360 label onto the disc and case. The 360 *was* backwards compatible with the two Halo games right out of the box anyway, and I am going to assume it still is.