IGNORED

OmnimonXL and OmniView XE roms

Dropcheck

I was planning to burn a 27512 eprom and switch between the Atari Original/OmnimonXL/OmniViewXL/XE/Mystery OS using a rotary switch. I do have the Omnimon/OmniView chips but discovered that my burner claims not to be able to read/write the HN4827128G Eproms. Not sure how different they are from a regular 27128 chip, but I didn't want to ruin them by forcing the issue.

Does anyone have good bin versions of Omnimon XL/XE with the Fastchip routines and OmniView XE that they can post?

You can find some files at the pigwa FTP site: here and here.

Bill

I was planning to burn a 27512 eprom and switch between the Atari Original/OmnimonXL/OmniViewXL/XE/Mystery OS using a rotary switch. I do have the Omnimon/OmniView chips but discovered that my burner claims not to be able to read/write the HN4827128G Eproms. Not sure how different they are from a regular 27128 chip, but I didn't want to ruin them by forcing the issue.

Does anyone have good bin versions of Omnimon XL/XE with the Fastchip routines and OmniView XE that they can post?

You can find some files at the pigwa FTP site: here and here.

Bill

Do I assume that .rom is the same as .bin(binary)?

Thanks for the info. :)

• 6 months later...

I have several bootrom images and not sure precisely which ones you want, so here (428.433 bytes) is my entire collection. Probably the ones you want are in there, and maybe even more.

Thanks it's nice to be able to grab them all at once. :thumbsup:

Does anyone know which have the Fastchip routines?

Edited by Defender II

• 2 years later...

I just discovered through experimentation via Altirra that the Omniview XE OS seems to be 99% 400/800 OSb ROM compatible. Programs like Ghost Hunter, Atari's 1st Word Processor, Letter Perfect and just about every title seems to work. The question I have is; does Omniview XE have the faster floating point or other features? The 80 column mode is actually very readable. I remember using it as my monitor when I ran CP/M on an ATR8000. I have also noticed that Atari BASIC allows 80 column output, but Atari Microsoft BASIC won't print past 40 columns before it wraps. Anyone know of a way to get Atariwriter 80 to work with Omniview XE. It may be an XEP80 only thing. I run two OS's in my 1200XLs, the Rev 11 (rev B) 1200XL and Omniview XE. I wired the high bit on the 27128 EPROM to the center post of the channel select switch as the OS selector. I don't use RF (did the Clearpic 2 mod) and one side of the channel selector switch is +5vdc and the other is ground. No drilling or adding of switches. If I need OSb compatibility, I run Omniview XE and my default OS is 1200XL rev 11 (Rev B).

Edited by ACML