IGNORED

Failsafe needs more attention

Lord Thag

Just wanted to give a shout out for Failsafe, as I really haven't seen much hype on this title. There were not any reviews in the store for it either, which I have rectified :D

Seriously though, I find this to be one of the best original homebrews out there. It's got great graphics, good difficulty, tons of variety, and it's just plain fun. It makes Countermeasure look like crap. It's a fine example of a sequel done right.

Anyone else playing this gem? I've yet to beat it, but I've gotten to the end. Gonna hunker down this weekend and do that, I think.

Any other fans around here? I think it's PMP's best game, hands down.

• Like 2

I agree, things seem to have gotten off on a quiet start for Failsafe, probably because of all the spotlights recently being on the XM and CGE. It looks like a great game and is definitely on my want list. As a big fan of PMP's work, I couldn't imagine this game being anything less than stellar. It will be included in my next AA store order for sure. :thumbsup:

Just wanted to give a shout out for Failsafe, as I really haven't seen much hype on this title. There were not any reviews in the store for it either, which I have rectified :D

They did do a big pre-order before CGE (by homebrew standards) and the thread was pretty busy as it was being created.

I have it and I love it too! Definitely my favorite of PacMan Plus's as well.

One of the best original titles for the 7800, and I totally agree with Lord Thag and what he is saying. I picked up mine at CGE, and did see the thread about it before the show. A wonderful game and one that I have finally got around to play. It is much better than I anticipated and thank my good friend Lord Thag for recommending this game to me!

• 1 year later...

:?

There was a PAL version of FailSafe all along... http://

the 'FAILSAFP.BIN' and 'FAILSAFP.A78' files are PAL

:)

Thanks,

Bob

EDIT: There was a later version that I never attached bins to, but I added them to it now: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154189-failsafe-7800-wip/page__view__findpost__p__1951669

Edited by PacManPlus

So, the challenge question is-- how far have people made it? Has anybody beaten it?

Perhaps we need to have a contest-- a "bragging list" online, in order of people that have beaten the game, perhaps.

Yes, I am guilty of not playing this enough, but such a challenge may bring this game out a little bit more. :)

-John

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Just been playing FailSafe a bit and this is a great game....

Also, I converted the manual for use on the CC2 (40 columns text) here:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/154189-failsafe-7800-wip/page__st__125#entry2687098

Somehow I missed this one earlier, but it's great.

And I'm not familiar with the game it's inspired by, so it's all new to me.. ;-)

desiv

So let's just start our own high score contest of it right now, right here. Because Failsafe fucking rocks, just like Bob. No HSC going on anyway, let's do it for the real fans. I'll go home after work in a bit and post a shitty score.....

Thanks again Bob - we should just start our own HSC for all of Bob's games, permanently. Separate from the other HSC. DEFUCKINGCRECENZO (probably blew the spelling on that one but hey....)