IGNORED

GoAtari's 99 cent Auctions

JagMX

I don't mind the emails but goatari used to be more reasonable with prices. I got my Jag 10 games, a/v cable, and cd add on for $225 from them about 2 yrs ago. They weren't crappy games either. Now, the prices are way too high.

Too high for who?

If someone is paying that much then it's not too high for them.

Look at it this way, about 15 years ago I had the opportunity to purchase a 1957 T-Bird for $20,000.00 but I couldn't justify paying that much for a car that costed 1/4 that price brand new. That same car (the exact one, not a similar one, but the same VIN # car) sold recently for $80,000.00! I wish I had bought it when I had the chance...

You have to understand that these things are collectibles and people who collect things get fanatical about getting the few remaining "mint" copies of games, etc. As the stocks of inventory decline there are fewer and fewer "new" JagCD's, and so the price is going to go up.

If you get handed lemons... make some lemonade.   :D  

Instead of griping about the JagCD being so expensive, look at all the otehr auctions.  

If you've ever wanted a ProController or a less common cart, now might be a good time to bid!

ProController started at .99, but it's already at 26... :)

You have to understand that these things are collectibles and people who collect things get fanatical about getting the few remaining "mint" copies of games, etc. As the stocks of inventory decline there are fewer and fewer "new" JagCD's, and so the price is going to go up.

Thunderbird, I think you're right..... in '96, when Atari close down, new JagCDs was at US$45... Now, it's hard to find it under 169.

Then, a question comes into my mind: when someone buy one of those "mint" cdplayer, will this guy actually use it?? Or keep the cdplayer for collection?

Thunderbird, I think you're right..... in '96, when Atari close down, new JagCDs was at US$45... Now, it's hard to find it under 169.

Then, a question comes into my mind: when someone buy one of those "mint" cdplayer, will this guy actually use it?? Or keep the cdplayer for collection?

I bought a "mint" one to keep in case the price continued to go higher and higher I would have one when they were cheap. I lost the box from my original one so I needed to get a new one complete.

I bought a used player so I could have a backup for my original, in case it dies.

I have since obtained a couple more used ones in auctions I was bidding on for other reasons, so I have 3 used ones and 1 mint one.

If anyone makes a CD game that networks, I'll be all set!