IGNORED

Very strange occurance in my program

jbs30000

So after a few days of ignoring my Super Mario Bros game, I decided to work on phase 2, put Mario in the game and let the user move him around.

Everything is fine, unless you hit the fire button to let him jump. When that happens, the screen kind of splits. It's kind of like the 6 sprite kernel. There's a hole in the ground and then when you walk to the edge and the screen starts scrolling, you'll things scroll to the right, and then a second later a mirror image of things scrolling to the left.

I guess the best way to explain is to see it yourself. You can jump right at the beginning or walk until you hit the first pipe (you won't be able to walk through it) and you can hit jump then. I'm not sure what's happening, so I don't know if I can fix it. But of course I'll try.

default.bas.bin

Also, while you can walk (for now) over a hole in the floor, if you jump you'll fall through and you'll have to reset the game.

Edit to add, you can control the height of the jump depending on how long you hold the fire button down.

Edited by jbs30000

The playfield is changing from "reflected" to "repeated" mode. Are you changing CTRLPF in your program?

Note that if you're changing CTRLPF to set the ball size or the playfield priority, you'll want to be sure to set bit 0 at the same time, so the playfield remains in the reflected mode-- for example:

CTRLPF = % 00110001

or

CTRLPF = % 00000101

Michael

Edited by SeaGtGruff