IGNORED

Pac Man Arcade Request

sandmountainslim

There is already a Ms.Hack here.

That's based on Nukey's excellent Hack 'em. And that might actually be what Proycon is looking for. As for me though, I was thinking more along the lines of altering the original 2600 Ms. Pac, much the same way it was altered to make that first "arcade" Pac-Man for the 2600. :)

No NE146, I was thinking just like you were. Ms. Hack is cool and all, but I specificly was asking Nukey if he wouldn't mind retroing some of his enhancements to the original Ms. Pac-Man ROM. Or to put it another way, the Pac-Man Arcade hack, minus the single original maze and the fixed position fruit ;)

The major stuff has been added...I just need to add Rob's changes and polish it up a bit (I'll stick it in a new thread once it's finished). There's a timing glitch that happens occasionally too. But here's a teaser of what it looks like so far:

That sounds like a great idea to me actually. :)

On that note, a couple years ago I did try to think of some maze changes that would make the 2600 version a little closer to the arcade one.. but all I came up was this and pretty much petered out on the idea since it required more effort than I had in me :lol:

1092874282.jpg

post-31-0-32649100-1310654573_thumb.jpg TO...... post-31-0-92754800-1310654577_thumb.jpg

I still think it might be worth a shot though by someone with better design skills than myself. :P

Or heck, why not even completely new mazes (like the arcade Ms. Pac Attack, etc.). If it was easy to design a maze there could be a contest. :ponder:

post-31-0-27374700-1310654639_thumb.gif

Looking awesome, Nukey! Are the sounds supposed to be Ms. Pac-Man, though? How do you change mazes, NE146?

The sounds are basically supposed to be the same as the original Pac-Man Arcade hack...aside from the stuff I added to it. You can download the current version here...and the assembly file roughly describes how to change maze and dot layouts (even better is to look at Debro's file...since I did not add all of his comments to this one - I have a difficult time trying to read other people's disassemblies).

lmao, Thanks Nukey, that's more or less exactly what I was looking for. You've done way too many amazing hacks to keep track of. Could I politely ask that you edit your profile description (either the About Me, or add a Blog post) so that you could provide links to all the threads which relate to hack projects you've been involved with? That would definitely come in handy in this type of situation. Frankly, I know the main portion of the site is slowly becoming more and more neglected, but I wish the hacks and homebrews would be kept more up to date. In lieu of the fact that that's unlikely anytime soon, providing a means to track your project through your profile would be greatly appreciated, at least by myself, if not other community members. Thanks again!