IGNORED

Favorite Pong/Tennis dedicated system?

Mingy Jongo

I like the Atari Super Pong the most.

Coleco Telstar Arcade is pretty astounding, though. I still can't get over how someone decided that a triangular console with different built-in controls on each side was the "best" idea. It must have been one hell of a board meeting where that design got approved. What could the other design options have been that someone looked at everything else and said, "yeah, this triangular console with a steering wheel, shifter, light gun, and pong controls is the way to go." Maybe Atari wasn't the company that people were smoking that funky tobacky...

Coleco Telstar Arcade is pretty astounding, though. I still can't get over how someone decided that a triangular console with different built-in controls on each side was the "best" idea. It must have been one hell of a board meeting where that design got approved. What could the other design options have been that someone looked at everything else and said, "yeah, this triangular console with a steering wheel, shifter, light gun, and pong controls is the way to go." Maybe Atari wasn't the company that people were smoking that funky tobacky...

I love how the cartridge is a triangle also!

Super Pong for me, too. I like being right there with my opponent. I have some sentimental attachment from seeing it fire up in "living color" after playing my friend's Magnavox Odyssey for some time in pure white on grey with the overlays being the only color. The color just pushed the cool factor through the roof.

Nowadays, the cool factor comes from loading it up with 'D' cells in front of the guests who are about to enjoy this blast from the past. I couldn't get better reactions if the thing had a wind-up key on the back.

My TV Games doesn't look nearly so good. It looks like a tank drove over it. Still works, though. But the controllers are not as nice as the Atari's, to me. And it plugs in. Anyone can have a game that plugs in. Only the elite have one that runs off monster sized batteries. And yes, I do have a battery powered TV to go with it, for when the power's out. But I usually hook it up to the 50" 16:9 big screen. Atari never looked so gooood. :D