IGNORED

Nintendo e-Reader fansites?

Koopa64

Any sites out there that cover the Game Boy Advance e-Reader in reasonably great detail? Something like the 32X Memorial would be nice.

http://www.oocities.com/the32xmemorial/

What I'd really like is a complete list of every North American e-Reader card released. I want to know how close I was to the complete set back when I owned one in the early 2000s (in other words, when it was still supported).

There were I think 13 full games released for the Ereader, and a few promo cards. Outside of that, there's the pokemon Ereader cards, and it's on again, off again weather Nintendo actually released the SMB3 expansion cards in the US or not....though the game isn't locked out, so you could import it I guess.

I personally loved the eReader, but eh, I must have been one of a very few. Then again, most accessories I like go under pretty quickly, while the trash ones seem to linger forever. :ponder:

There were I think 13 full games released for the Ereader, and a few promo cards. Outside of that, there's the pokemon Ereader cards, and it's on again, off again weather Nintendo actually released the SMB3 expansion cards in the US or not....though the game isn't locked out, so you could import it I guess.

I personally loved the eReader, but eh, I must have been one of a very few. Then again, most accessories I like go under pretty quickly, while the trash ones seem to linger forever. :ponder:

I loved the e-reader too. While Nintendo has a long history of releasing, then abandoning, accessories... this one I found perplexing. The hardware itself probably had a decent margin and distributing games on playing cards had to be uber-cheap. There was no way this thing could FAIL to make money!! Even though it wasn't super-popular, I'm guessing even a small install base could have brought in a very good return on investment.

My only conclusion is that Nintendo never really intended it to be a long-term product in the first place.

Outside of that, there's the pokemon Ereader cards, and it's on again, off again weather Nintendo actually released the SMB3 expansion cards in the US or not....though the game isn't locked out, so you could import it I guess.

Nintendo released two Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3 card series, any other following series were canceled. I betcha I had all the cards in both series back when I first had an e-Reader, but I can't know for sure as my memory isn't the greatest (though I do remember the level cards).

I think you were thinking of the Game & Watch e-card series that was canceled.

Nintendo released two Super Mario Advance 4: SMB3 card series, any other following series were canceled. I betcha I had all the cards in both series back when I first had an e-Reader, but I can't know for sure as my memory isn't the greatest (though I do remember the level cards).

Actually, there were supposed to be two distinct series of SMA4 e-cards, but Nintendo only released the first. They never released the second one (although I think both series were released in Japan), and dropped everything else related to the e-Reader in North America.

Dang, I am pretty sure I have some Game & Watch eReader cards, I will check when I am home.

Only one Game-&-Watch e-card was ever produced, and it was the one bundled with the e-Reader, namely Manhole-e.

Actually, there were supposed to be two distinct series of SMA4 e-cards, but Nintendo only released the first. They never released the second one (although I think both series were released in Japan), and dropped everything else related to the e-Reader in North America.

Then why did I have some (or all) of the series 2 cards? You even put them on your site. I checked your FAQ and you said that Japanese exclusive cards weren't going to be cataloged.

Simply put, I call BS on your claim of there only being one SMB3 card series in North America.

Edited by Koopa64

Then why did I have some (or all) of the series 2 cards? You even put them on your site. I checked your FAQ and you said that Japanese exclusive cards weren't going to be cataloged.

Simply put, I call BS on your claim of there only being one SMB3 card series in North America.

Ah, okay, small mistake on my part. Check the "Future Releases" section of my old e-Reader Zone web site, and you will see the actual information: There were supposed to be four series in all, but the last two series were never released. I remember being very upset at the fact that I bought SMA4, and every card from the first two series, only to find out that the rest of the cards were never going to be released.

Another eReader fan here :)

Regarding Super Mario Advance 4 - Don't forget the Walmart exclusive cards and the 2 that came with the game. I went to great lengths years ago to get the Walmart ones for the unlimited 1up card and the exclusive level.

I will need to double check that I got the 2 promo cards when I bought the game, but I am confident that I have acquired them all - so that's 18 cards in Series 1, 18 cards in Series 2, 2 cards from the game itslef and 5 from Walmart for 43 SMB3 cards total

i love my e-reader. it's how i was introduced to Clu Clu Land. having Excitebike, Balloon Fight, & DK Jr on the go was also a plus. i also had the complete SMB4 cards. being able to give yourself infinite P-Wings was such a cheat!

i need to go dig in some boxes to make sure i still have it, otherwise i'll be on eBay very soon.

The only e-reader game I actually have is the 4Kids Kirby Slide card that came with Nintendo Power (I think).

Yes, it's a fun little device. I love the fact it saves the last game you swiped, so if you only want to play one game, you don't have to carry the card(s) around.

• 2 weeks later...

I am another e-reader fan, perhaps the only one in ... France!

I have read it exists exclusive japanese e-reader extra cards like mario vs dk, f-zero, etc.

Too, I don't know accurate information about the pokemon us series in where it is possible to find some mini-games? I have read it exists three series that have e-reader games.

Great item but not great use. Could be fantastic if homebrew games could be created: we just have to print them at home and play!

A really cool item is the card game Mario Party. Think of it!

I got a question...Is there anyone out there making new cards for the e-reader?

I can't really say for sure, but it's rather unlikely. While the dots in the data strips are very small, they need to be very clearly and precisely printed onto the card, or else the e-Reader won't be able to read the data properly. Back when I was maintaining the e-Reader Zone web site, I tried getting some prototype cards printed, and even with a good 1200-DPI laser printer, it was easier said than done. You really need a commercial-grade printer machine that prints very-high-quality images on cardboard.

With the e-Reader being an old relic from the Game Boy Advance era, I don't think it's worth the effort, honestly.