IGNORED

Enix Purchases Square

Mikau

anybody else hear about this? every modern gaming site on the web has poseted it by now!

what does everybody think of this? i think it means that almost every rpg released will have the same names attached to it. eniz is a huge company, and this should cause it to grow significantly.

also, around e3, a few rumors emerged predicting that nintendo would purchase enix... up until now i thought that was a possibility, but now i dont know what to think...

Thank God...Square hasn't put out any quality games for years, beyond Chrono Cross, since the days of FF7 and Xenogears.  This was a long time coming.

I rather enjoyed Final Fantasy IX and X. I felt FF7 and FF8 were too tedious, so I didn't finish either of those. I did finish IX, and I'm all the way at the end of X. Someday I'll probably finish it, as I'd really like to see the end movie. :)

..Al

I love it its great. The 2 Best companies are now one. :)

I love the Final Fantasy games and have all from them (only some variations I miss).

And Enix has too great games like Soul Blazer.

And I have hear, that Chrono Trigger was too from Square and Enix together. It was a great game. :)

And I have hear, that Chrono Trigger was too from Square and Enix together. It was a great game.  :)

Yeah ChronoTrigger was their joint effort, cool game! Sadly, one of the main reasons is the major cash loss due to Spirit's Within that caused this strategic "alliance", as I said in other forums on the net, Square should just "stick to the games,gang!"

My initial response was "OH NO!" but after 30 seconds of rational thought, this could be REALLY good

"The merger will exchange Square shares for Enix shares, so Enix will be the dominant corporation when the deal is complete. "

A merger in which one company becomes the dominant one is essentially buying a company.

Sad, but true. They're just putting a spin on it so Square fans don't go riot in the streets. *shrugs* Oh well, as long as they keep making good RPG's it matters not to me.