IGNORED

Bad news for Dragons Lair fans.

moycon

I just read Electronic Gaming Monthly's review of Dragons Lair 3-D and unfortunately it aint good. I like EGM because you get different peoples perpective and ratings as opposed to just one person. That said. None of the reviews was very high and the lowest was 2.5. Bleh.

The reviewers stated bad control over Dirk and boring gameplay.

This really sucks to hear as I thought for sure this was gonna be a great one.

Although one reviewer said if you were a big fan you would prolly get a kick out of seeing the game transformed the way it is... So maybe it'll be worth a buy for me after the price has dropped or I can pick it up pre-viewed for under $20

Reviews Smoos...It won't keep me from aquiring a copy myself. Then I will review and give my own opionion of the game.

OFF TOPIC Sorta: I managed to snag both a Singe and Dirk figures. But the misses won't let me pick up Daphne...imagine that...hehe..

:twisted:

Regardless of the reviews, I am going to get it when it comes out. I have collected the Dragon's Lair game over the years in different formats .The DVD version is my favorite as it is the closest version that I have. I know that they released a CD version which is supposed to be arcade perfect but I wonder how they did that when they did not do that with the DVD version.

Also, Electronic Gaming monthly is not the best magazine for reviews. I don't trust anything they say anymore.

Don't base how good this game is on reviews by EGM. EGM is the most biased magazine out there and their reviews are always done in a half-assed juvenile fashion. Especially don't go by this review if the version reviewed was the Xbox version, EGM has a well documented bias towards the Xbox. EGM always picks a system each generation to make jokes about and be biased towards. EGM used to be biased towards the Lynx and Jaguar, once those went away, EGM turned their bias towards the Sega Saturn and then the Dreamcast. Now the Xbox is the brunt of EGM bias and jokes. I think EGM uses this so called humor to sell magazines and make people of the "popular" systems feel good about their purchase and thus they will feel good while reading EGM. EGM is also biased towards retro games. EGM is the worst multi-platform magazine out there and I sometimes find inacurate statements in their reviews. The best multi-platform magazine out there is Play magazine, followed by Game Informer and Gamepro, EGM last. The reviewers at Play actually seem to enjoy video games.

I'd like to get my hands on that and the DVD version of Dragon's Lair to check them out.  Right now, the closest thing to that for me is playing the Legend of Zelda games for the Nintendo 64.

You can obtain the DVD version as well as several other versions of Dragon's Lair, Space Ace and a few others from Digital Leisure's web site: Here is the link:

http://www.digitalleisure.com/

I agree about Game Informer. They do a good job of reviewing games and they do have a section of classic gaming.

Game Informer is very good at everything that they have in their magazine, but I have to defend EGM a little bit. It seems to me that EGM is not biased but more of the popular opinion type of magazine. Yes, they don't give many XBox games great reviews, but from my friends that own the XBox, there aren't that many that currently deserve great reviews. When a game makes them stand up and take notice, they'll review it fairly.

I agree about Game Informer. They do a good job of reviewing games and they do have a section of classic gaming.

Other than a brief obsession with Nintendo Power when I was in high school, Game Informer is the ONLY gaming magazine in the last ten years I subscribed to that I wanted to renew.

I'd like to get my hands on that and the DVD version of Dragon's Lair to check them out.  Right now, the closest thing to that for me is playing the Legend of Zelda games for the Nintendo 64.

I bought the DVD versions of DL, DL2 and SpaceAce when they came out a few years ago... I tried to play them in my PC, but that didn't work out so well, however when I threw em in the real DVD player they worked much better... however the controls are a little more forgiving than the original arcade games.

I don't think EGM is biased at all...they give Xbox game lower scores because Xbox game deserve them... Keep in mind when reviewing the consoles before hand and their launch titles EGM said Xbox was the console to buy.... Unfortunately the Xbox doesn't have many must own titles what was the last Xbox game release anyone gave a shit about??

Thats said, if they really are biased then I'm sure the PS2 and Gamecube reviews for Dragons Lair 3d will be much higher regardless of the claim that it has an unforgiving camera and horrible controls...We will see.

I don't think EGM is biased at all...they give Xbox game lower scores because Xbox game deserve them... Keep in mind when reviewing the consoles before hand and their launch titles EGM said Xbox was the console to buy.... Unfortunately the Xbox doesn't have many must own titles what was the last Xbox game release anyone gave a shit about??

Thats said, if they really are biased then I'm sure the PS2 and Gamecube reviews for Dragons Lair 3d will be much higher regardless of the claim that it has an unforgiving camera and horrible controls...We will see.

Xbox live, Unreal Championship, Splinter Cell just to name a few... EGM is biased... :-)

Game Informer= great mag. I met 2 of the editors at a local bar when their band shared a billing w/ a friend of a friend. I could barely get up the guts to go say hi, but I did...& probably was the "uncoolest" person they met all night. I said their reviews always match my opinion & to put me in their little blurbs the next month! Of course, they didn't... :D

Just noticed (including my post) this thread has gone decidedly off-topic... :wink:

Getting back to the topic, I look forward to the new Dragon's Lair even if it is not the greatest of games. It looks like it is going be excellent as far as the animation. Hopefully it will be playable too.

Who would have thought that a game written in 1983 would still be popular today? I am also looking forward to the Dragon's Lair movie.

Getting back to the topic, I look forward to the new Dragon's Lair even if it is not the greatest of games. It looks like it is going be excellent as far as the animation. Hopefully it will be playable too.

Who would have thought that a game written in 1983 would still be popular today? I am also looking forward to the Dragon's Lair movie.

I'll definetly rent it... :-) I want to play it because it's supposed to be a 3D adventure based on all of the animated screens of the original game... it'll be cool to play those scenes with full control over Dirk! :-)