IGNORED

Atari 400 Mystrey Game...Anybody Able to Help?

jumbojohnny

A couple weeks ago I picked up and Atari 400 computer, well yesterday I took some time to clean it, I opened it up and found this game inside the slot.

I found it as it is shown here, I know nothing about it other than what you see is what I got. Can anybody here help shed some knowledge on this game?

The little labels say Shamus & Star Raid (star raiders maybe?)

8c300008.jpg

ff12ef0d.jpg

Edited by jumbojohnny

A couple weeks ago I picked up and Atari 400 computer, well yesterday I took some time to clean it, I opened it up and found this game inside the slot.

I found it as it is shown here, I know nothing about it other than what you see is what I got. Can anybody here help shed some knowledge on this game?

The little labels say Shamus & Star Raid (star raiders maybe?)

8c300008.jpg

Which one comes up when you boot up the computer?

I didnt try it yet, I had limited TV time...meaning that the GF was busy watching two hours of Hoarders. I am going to fire it up tonight and see what happens.

The thing that gets me wondering is the board shape. It wouldnt fit into one of the typical cases. its too wide at the top where the triangular corners are; and the back it covered in wiring. I am about to post another pic of the back.

Thats what I was thinking too...how can you play one or the other?

I guess I will find out after classes tonight.

I was thinking its a custom made game also, not a protoype, but an early homebrew of some sort. It was literally stuck in the game slot, I guess it was the last thing played before this computer made its way to the auction I bought it at.

For $2.50 total purchase I cannot complain about the additional find. The only reason I was cleaaning it was to toss the lot on Ebay. I just dont want it taking up room anymore.

Edited by jumbojohnny

sloopy- the only reason I would take it to the bay over AA brethren is because of the shipping factor. This is a realtively inexpensive computer games system but its heavy and the shipping cost turns people away. On Ebay I have a better chance of selling it quicker and I rather not have it sitting in my office anymore.

If you would like to discuss buying or trading for it, please PM me. I have some games to go with the 400 and the orginal manual. I have the BASIC Computing Language Cart & the following games:

Space Invaders

Galaxian

Pac-Man

Defender

Super Breakout

I didnt try it yet, I had limited TV time...meaning that the GF was busy watching two hours of Hoarders. I am going to fire it up tonight and see what happens.

The thing that gets me wondering is the board shape. It wouldnt fit into one of the typical cases. its too wide at the top where the triangular corners are; and the back it covered in wiring. I am about to post another pic of the back.

Heh. Best not to mention the word "Hoarders" around here.

Heh. Best not to mention the word "Hoarders" around here.

i am not a hoarder, i am a collector, dammit! (gumby ;')

see all my stuff has a common theme... it has the Holy Symbol on it... so its more of a religion, and you cant tarnish the religion...

the gospel, according to jay... Amen...

sloopy.