IGNORED

How Do You Value A8 Carts?

SpaceDice2010

I saw PastFinder going for $150, which got me looking at some of my carts. I have quite a few that are a Rarity 8 or above on AtariMania. What is a benchmark for a price. I think my most rare disk would be Protector by CrystalWare w/ manual.

I'll pay $300 for Super Zaxxon. You got it?

Seriously? I have that. Is it that rare?

Tempest

Crush them up and snort them.

The lucidity of your hallucinations generally means the "purity" or "value" of the carts.

Haahahaa, and your avatar perfectly illustrates how he should look when he snorts them up. Quite, sir! He might want to cut the cart powder with some crushed controller, just so he doesn't kill himself the first time ODing on pure Crystal Castles. Of course maybe he wants to go out like Scarface, who knows.

if you got it, post a pic! let's see it!

Of Super Zaxxon or Espial? I don't have Espial, only Super Zaxxon and Atarimania has a nice pic of that already.

Tempest

Tempest,

I'm starting to think ESPIAL is a myth, a fable, just a rumor and doesn't exist for the atari 8 bit! Just saw the super zaxxon on atari mania, very nice! Thanks!

So you have a Super Zaxxon for real? What would you value it at?

Tempest,

I'm starting to think ESPIAL is a myth, a fable, just a rumor and doesn't exist for the atari 8 bit! Just saw the super zaxxon on atari mania, very nice! Thanks!

So you have a Super Zaxxon for real? What would you value it at?

Oh it's not a myth, I've seen it. It looks like Matterhorn, just with the Espial label on it.

I have no idea what my Super Zaxxon is worth, I didn't even know it was that rare. Let the offers begin I guess. :)

Tempest

i would trade certain body parts for good carts... since i am married i dont need them anyway... ;')

on a more serial note, i would like to have an original SDX cart (with manual would be nice but not necessary) but that keeps slipping through my fingers, as everyone who seems to sells them want more then a body part for it...

sloopy.

i would trade certain body parts for good carts... since i am married i dont need them anyway... ;')

on a more serial note, i would like to have an original SDX cart (with manual would be nice but not necessary) but that keeps slipping through my fingers, as everyone who seems to sells them want more then a body part for it...

sloopy.

SDX?

Tempest

Are there any differences between the cart and tape/disk versions of super zaxxon (i.e not the physical media)

Well, allegedly, and according to AtariMania,

"The cartridge release is one-player only and slightly less detailed."

But if you look at the screen shots and compare those from the cart version

to the disk / tape versions, they both look the same; absolutely horrid.

• 2 weeks later...