IGNORED

Atari computers designs

Allas

The "900 concept" looks so nice, yet in the end they went with the XEGS, which is arguably the most ugly product Atari ever produced.

Ha Ha I agree! And it's the most space-consuming A8 with the keyboard, whose cord is too short to justify. Damnit, I still want one for the collection.

Yeah, the keyboard is an utter joke WRT the cord.

I suppose one downside of the 900 concept is that it'd have likely been a multi-board job, plus possibly not so roomy inside to chuck modern-day expansions into.

Hmmm... maybe *that's* the design Curt should use for his Atari-compatible project :)

The "900 concept" looks so nice

Hmm, it looks like it's just a painting of what it might look like, so I guess it might not have looked the same way in production-- but I really don't care for the keyboard arrangement, with the rows of keys lined up in perfect columns, instead of being offset from one row to the next as on a normal keyboard.

Michael

Quite easy to solve by extending the cable.

I suppose one downside of the 900 concept is that it'd have likely been a multi-board job, plus possibly not so roomy inside to chuck modern-day expansions into.

You want room inside? Well, what about that XEGS ?

Quite easy to solve by extending the cable.

You want room inside? Well, what about that XEGS ?

Yup, I got a bunch of PC joystick extender cables for my 5200 and just tried one with the XEGS keyboard. Works perfectly.

Allan