IGNORED

Wanted: Common Atari 8-bit Carts

Albert

I need to replenish my stock of donor Atari 8-bit carts. I'm looking for the common brown carts produced by Atari--the ones with the metal back. If you have several you can offer me, please send me a PM. Several would be ten or more, generally, to help better distribute shipping costs. Also, if you happen to know of a source for such shells, I would not be adverse to acquiring such information. :) Here's a picture of the particular style of cartridge I'm looking for:

800_CastleCrisis_1.jpg

Thanks,

..Al

One other option might be Brad Koda at Best Electronics http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/ - he's got warehoues of stuff that's not all listed on his site.

IF he actually made his website so you could actually find something then he may not have warehouses full of stuff. I can NEVER find how to get to the items that he has for sale. (I maybe a little harsh as I am a web developer.)

One other option might be Brad Koda at Best Electronics http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/ - he's got warehoues of stuff that's not all listed on his site.

IF he actually made his website so you could actually find something then he may not have warehouses full of stuff. I can NEVER find how to get to the items that he has for sale. (I maybe a little harsh as I am a web developer.)

Just order a catalogue from him. It's an excellent Atari reference in it's own right and has photo's of some interesting stuff as well.

Actually B&C and Best Electronics websites are awful.

But as written by spookt, Best Electronics catalogue is worth the price, not only for people interested in buying stuff.

Just order a catalogue from him. It's an excellent Atari reference in it's own right and has photo's of some interesting stuff as well.

Can you give me the link on the website where you can actually do that?

• 3 weeks later...

Weird, Last I talked to Brad at Best he had lots... Guess he's restricting supply, or at least bumping the price (I know B&C did that to someone I know who was trying to get some)

Have you thought about asking Classics/Atarimax where they get theirs? Or maybe the GR8 team? I know they are different types than you are looking forbut might be a work around...

Edited by orpheuswaking

I notice that B&C has increased the price to $10 from $3.

PRA016 CASE 8-BIT CART ATARI 10.00

You can find them at Best Electronics website in the 10-07-10 Rev.10 Catalog Addendum for $4.95

Page 103 Atari 400/800/XL/XE Empty Game Cartridge with metal back. CB101080 $4.95

Bill