IGNORED

ATR8000/Corvus hard drive question

OldAtarian

I recently got my hands on a ATR8000 and wondered if I could use my Corvus drives with it? I can't find a Corvus interface anywhere. I almost had one once a few years ago but negotiations with the owner kind of failed when he wanted to backup his Corvus drives first but no longer had the means to do so himself (had been out of the Atari scene for a long time and no longer had access to an Atari computer). I wasn't going to pay him to ship his Corvus drives to me for backing up and then back to him (those things are massive)and neither was he so the deal fell apart. I still kick myself for letting that one get away but the expense (it would have added hundreds of dollars in round trip shipping charges to the price)truly would have put the cost way out of my budget at the time. If I can't use them with the ATR8000 and someone has a Corvus interface that they would be willing to part with without any expensive strings attached, please let me know.

This thread has details about what is required to connect an ATR8000 and MFM hard drives, which is what I assume your Corvus drives are.

Bill

I recently got my hands on a ATR8000 and wondered if I could use my Corvus drives with it? I can't find a Corvus interface anywhere. I almost had one once a few years ago but negotiations with the owner kind of failed when he wanted to backup his Corvus drives first but no longer had the means to do so himself (had been out of the Atari scene for a long time and no longer had access to an Atari computer). I wasn't going to pay him to ship his Corvus drives to me for backing up and then back to him (those things are massive)and neither was he so the deal fell apart. I still kick myself for letting that one get away but the expense (it would have added hundreds of dollars in round trip shipping charges to the price)truly would have put the cost way out of my budget at the time. If I can't use them with the ATR8000 and someone has a Corvus interface that they would be willing to part with without any expensive strings attached, please let me know.