IGNORED

Starts of My Collection...So Far

kamakazi

Hey all! I thought since I have been a member of Atari Age for a while now, I might as well start showing what I have. My collection is small at the moment having to start over since my divorce a few years ago. Only consoles I don't have images of yet are my Atari 520 ST, Lynx, 5200, and PSOne which are still at a family member's house back in Arkansas. I simply haven't had the funds or time to go fetch them. For the time being, I'm having to use my cell for pics and edit them in Photoshop as best as I can. The PS3 was an anniversary present from my wife. The 2600 Jr and two of its games are new to the addition. The XBOX was "rescued" from a local Goodwill shop that was fixing to pitch the system as they couldn't get it to come on. It works now and has a happy home. It's amazing what changing the fuse will do ;)

My wife and I are concentrating solely on the consoles right now instead of the games as the machines seem to be getting hard to come by. I do plan to get her a Lynx for Christmas with some games (that we can both share :D). It's actually nice to have someone that takes similar interest in what was once a hobby I was into all alone.

Without further ado...here are the pics I've taken so far. It's small right now but hopefully that will change come the holidays.

post-18904-128522070974_thumb.png

post-18904-128522073204_thumb.png

post-18904-128522075012_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, Thanks for sharing. A lot of the more common consoles are fairly easy to come by. I got most of mine at Goodwill for fairly cheap. Thrift stores, garage sales and flea markets seem to be the best places for deals.

I don't know much about the XEGS, but I love those pastel buttons.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks. The XEGS has been fixed with Radio Shack equivalents. I did try to clean the internal workings of the switches, but the little pads were cracked from what looked like dry rot. I also had to re-solder Control Port 1 as the fire button would only work when an heavy object was resting on the cable...forcing the port to move down slightly. It's fully functional now. Now all I have to do is get some accessories and games for it :D.

Since the last post, the hardware collection has grown with the addition of a PS2 (to complete the collection of Sony home consoles) and a Game Cube. Yea...I know, but there are some games on a GameCube that I enjoy that can't be found on any other console...mainly Metroid. I am also awaiting the arrival of a 5200 4-port with a small library of new games sometime this week and I will be posting pics when it arrives. Thanks for looking and taking interest. It's fun to share.

post-18904-128858708214_thumb.jpg

My Hardware Armada :D

The only thing I have found in our Goodwill store was the XBOX...and I just happened to pop in at the right time or I would have missed out on that one. I have a bigger heart for the Atari consoles mainly because of the time my Mother and I spent together on the 5200. But I feel that all game consoles are good in their own ways.

congratulations on the divorce!

now your collection will have time to heal and grow.

Thanks...but I need to make an amend stating that the PS3 is from my new wife icon_mrgreen.gif

New wife sounds like good people which I'm pretty sure is what Rev was trying to say. icon_mrgreen.gif

congratulations on the divorce!

now your collection will have time to heal and grow.

Thanks...but I need to make an amend stating that the PS3 is from my new wife icon_mrgreen.gif

New wife sounds like good people which I'm pretty sure is what Rev was trying to say. icon_mrgreen.gif

I'm pretty sure Rev did. But after I went back and re-read what I had originally posted, I made it sound like the PS3 came from ex LOL. I only wanted to clarify that for future posters. My new wife seems to be enjoying the collection with me. She really seems to enjoy the Atari stuff since they don't make her seasick like the motions the PS3 is capable of. She's a good person and I'm glad to have someone who enjoys this hobby with me...even if my tastes do get expensive once in a great while. I would like to ask what would be a good and sturdy shelf to eventually place this collection on? We live in a one bedroom apartment and are really not allowed to "nail" things to the walls. I've thought about getting used display cases/shelving but not sure if I have the room for things like that right now. I'd use the cheap particle board specials found at Wal-Mart stores but I worry about the weight issue. We had a small TV stand holding a 19" TV that collapsed. The TV, thank goodness, survived...but the stand looks like it exploded. Any suggestions on what I could use for shelving?

This arrived at my door today. Thought I would share.

post-18904-128891790242_thumb.jpg

This is the 4-port model (no * in serial number), 4 controllers (3 require new flex-circuits), a 410 (was dropped at one point...came free), and 7 games (5 NIB, 2 CIB). At least I can't remember if Q-Bert came with overlays or not. The games are Super Breakout, Qix, Galaxian, Star Raiders, Dig Dug, Q-bert, and Centipede (my wife's favorite). The controller connected has a boot-style I have not seen before...and is the only one that is 100% working. I did try to take all three of the others to get at least one more working controller but that failed. I will have to wait until I can order new flex circuits. All the buttons appear to be in good condition. More than I can say for the shells of the controllers. The machine has a few scuffs and the pink protective covering has stained the chrome strip. My wife says to leave it and mention the system supports breast cancer efforts. This is my absolute favorite console hands down.

I forgot to mention that this is connected to our 40" LCD HDTV. The only difference I can see is the TV is getting colors wrong. I know Galaxian's ship is white...not pink or purple. Other than that, it safely works on LCDs.

Edited by kamakazi

• 1 year later...

Update: Some new consoles have been added since the last post. I have since acquired an Intellvision, Colecovision, and an arcade 360. The 360 arrived with the RRoD but has been brought back from the dead. Below are pics of the recent additions (less the 360...haven't made pics of it yet.)

Photo0008.jpg

INTVCollection.jpg

Colecovision-1.jpg

ColecoVision came with the Super Action Controller, Zaxxon, Donkey Kong JR, Slither (no Roller Controller yet), Looping and Mouse Trap.