IGNORED

S-Video Adapters: Where to find

Syfo-Dyas

8 Bit Classics has a 5-pin DIN to composite/audio/s-video cable for $10 + shipping. Their checkout isn't setup to charge the correct shipping for multiple items, but I contacted them and they refunded the extra charges when I ordered 2 of these.

Bill

I know I saw these for sale somewhere, instead of plugging an Atari into a composite input, you could go S-Video, but I forgot where I saw the cables for sale. Anyone know?

Thankx!

It's quite easy to make a harness to convert a monitor cable to s-video. Buy a cheap s-video to s-video cable. cut off one end. usually you will see two sets of shielded wire, one for chroma and the other for luminance. Buy a pair of RCA female connectors from Radio Shack. Solder the core of the wire to the core of the female RCA jack and the shield wire to the shield of the female RCA connector. Repeat process for the other shielded wire. Just connect the chroma-luma end of the monitor cable to the RCA jacks you made. If the video is messed up, you probably connected the chroma to luma and vice versa, just swap the connection.