IGNORED

This just proves how bad eBay has got, AND how dumb people are.

jeremysart

(1)Item description =/= item being auctioned. (2)Not only against eBay's policy, but (3)could be used for criminal fraud charges.

1. I take it you mean that the description is not the same as the title? It's a dodgy practice but everyone who wants to buy anything on eBay is expected to have the brains to read the description.

2. Possibly but it's not something eBay takes seriously if it is. These kind of things pop up all the time but they don't usually result in $130 bids. If you can afford that, you can afford to get off your lazy ass and buy a real one. Actually, these stupid affiliate things are more effort than just ordering a new Xbox online.

3. Doubtful. The description is pretty clear and well written. I guess the worst you can say is that it can trap the clueless new eBay user - which is what it seems to have done.

Edited by Tickled_Pink
  • Like 1

Once again, ebay is getting the blame for something done by an unscrupulous seller. :roll: Sure the buyer needs to read the description, but the title is clearly deceptive, on one hand you've got an advertisment for a free xbox, then a contradiction in the item description.

If WalMart practiced this kind of deception, this place would be all over it. But because it's some individual it's ok and the fault of the buyer for not reading the fine print?

Really?

• Like 1

That was my point. Something like this would never stand up in small claims court if somebody bothered to file. Unless I'm mistaken, even the "solar-powered clothes dryer" newspaper ad didn't some decades ago (although that description was essentially correct for a piece of rope).

A boxed console shown in the picture, and the description of same in the space specifically reserved FOR item description. What is added below in the comments makes no difference - it's still fraud.

• Like 1

That was my point. Something like this would never stand up in small claims court if somebody bothered to file. Unless I'm mistaken, even the "solar-powered clothes dryer" newspaper ad didn't some decades ago (although that description was essentially correct for a piece of rope).

A boxed console shown in the picture, and the description of same in the space specifically reserved FOR item description. What is added below in the comments makes no difference - it's still fraud.

LOL - solar powered dryer = clothes line. That's awesome :D

• Like 1

I knew someone who would sell postcard printouts of large plasma TVs. All ebay legal because he stated the obvious. Suckers would assume it's an actual large plasma TV they were buying ignoring the POSTCARD part. Not cool.

What's the real danger is the real pros who fake transactions and ratings. Sometimes giving legit deals and sometimes just taking the money.

So your paying to get the same spam you already have in your inbox? What the hell? I would like to know what dumbass bought that shit.

And actually, if you just read the product description, then yes, it's fraud. The stuff that disclaims you actually getting an xbox is actually in an addon, not the product details. It at least is on the same page though, so it's unlikely they could do anything about it one way or the other.

Besides, it's obviously fake, if it was real, the dude would have better luck getting hits if he would send out the email to his whole mailbox listing. :P Then again, with idiots bidding that kind of money, he only needs a handfull of idiots before he really can get his illgotten xbox for "free" :P

Edited by Video