IGNORED

Universal Chaos and Glacier Patrol on Ebay

BONEMAN

Someone is selling both Universal Chaos and Glacier Patrol on ebay although he says he does not know if they are ntsc or pal. He's in San Fransico but most of the games he's selling are foriegns.

The auctions are:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507028753281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250702875328&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507028695301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250702869530&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That would be me.

The sealed Glacier Patrol I bought directly from Telegames a bunch of years ago. I don't remember where I got the Space Attack. I don't have a system set up for testing right now and wasn't really planning on it ;)

Joe

Someone is selling both Universal Chaos and Glacier Patrol on ebay although he says he does not know if they are ntsc or pal. He's in San Fransico but most of the games he's selling are foriegns.

The auctions are:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507028753281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250702875328&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2507028695301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=250702869530&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That would be me.

The sealed Glacier Patrol I bought directly from Telegames a bunch of years ago. I don't remember where I got the Space Attack. I don't have a system set up for testing right now and wasn't really planning on it ;)

Joe

Hey Joe

You might want to take the time to test these two. The difference in price for PAL and NTSC (Universal chaos/Glacier Patrol) is several hundred dollars. PAL ones are very cheap and not rare ($5-$10), NTSC ones are very rare ;)

You must have a friend or fellow collector who still has a 2600 or a 7800? I have to agree with CC, it's worth your time to find out. :)

Especially with so many of the other items for sale being PAL format I think most people will assume these are PAL. Now, is it worth it for me to take the gamble..... :ponder:

Maybe I should give more details.

I have bought games direct from Telegames USA and received both NTSC and PAL games.

I have bought both NTSC and PAL games direct from Telegames UK, and they were exactly as ordered.

I have bought Telegames games from ebay/usenet where the owner claimed they bought them direct from Telegames USA and they turned out to be PAL versions.

Customer service was not a strong point for Telegames USA. A paraphrased response to a refund request for a PAL version would be...adjust your TV's vertical hold and the game won't roll.

Telegames UK seemed to be the main office. When asked if certain games were ever made in NTSC format (Night Stalker, Astroblast, Space Attack, etc) they said not to their knowledge. So if you have one, the eprom might have been converted to NTSC by an Atari hobbyist. Just because a game appeared in the Telegames USA catalog does not mean it was ever produced in NTSC format. I wouldn't be surprised if some day someone "discovers" (ie fabricates) Telegames prototypes of Rocky and Bullwinkle or Kool-Aid Man.