IGNORED

Ripping Chars/Tiles from Game Maps

José Pereira

Hi.

Because I am now trying to have things a little more serious on my remakes, I first try to get the Chars/Tiles and remake them into A8, them I will just point Tiles into Paint and can create all the Game in A8 format.

G2F is now the last in use, just to get DLIs. and PMs.

Most of the Games (Platforms,...) are simple to see and Cut the pieces and others I get them on the Web, but others are very difficult (almost impossible).

For example, today I am playing with an isometric Game.

I have it to re-work for Months.

the way of get it into A8 in done (someone behind says it will work), G2F mock-ups for all the Levels are done, but I need to get the Chars/Tiles.

I have a promise some Months ago to have this coded and released in Cartridge.

I have all the Levels Maps.

I just need to have a Program where I CAN drop each Level and choose size of Tile (like 16x16 Hi-resol. pixels) and it automatic calculates and show different Tiles (more or less like G2F get and show the Chars).

Turn this into 2:1 all G2F,AIS and some pixels re-done by me later...

Anyone here can help?

Thanks.

José Pereira.

C64 Char&Sprite Ripper I have. I use it mostly for the C64 Sprites.

But no, this time I have a Map from a Console (the best version, into 2:1 almost automatic and it look great).

I am with the File and Load it into TileLayerPro but I get a totally mess.

I would rather prefer, just to drop the .png Map into a Program and it shows how the Chars.

Something like if G2F would accept large Screen Sizes and shows and save the Fonts.

Thanks.

José Pereira.

which console? NES? I am sure that for each console there are tile rippers, too.

No, it's SEGA's master System, but TILE LAYER PRO get from all Sega/Nintendo Machine.

The problem is that I Load the File and shows all the Tiles, automatic, but the Tiles are only lots of pixels in many, many colours, all messed.

And because I have all the Levels Map in .bmp,.png,... it will be more simple to use this, instead of going into that kind of Programs (as i'm no coder!...).

José Pereira.

c64 stuff can easily ripped. simple make a memory dump with emulator and then load that into one of the tools where you can rip sprites and fonts.

To some extend the graphics editor in WUDSN IDE might be useful. It's still "very beta" but some things with regards to ripping already work.

post-17404-128568410715_thumb.png

post-17404-128568411892_thumb.png

c64 stuff can easily ripped. simple make a memory dump with emulator and then load that into one of the tools where you can rip sprites and fonts.

To some extend the graphics editor in WUDSN IDE might be useful. It's still "very beta" but some things with regards to ripping already work.

Yeah, thank you very much. Seems what I am looking for.

Start installing ECLIPSE,... Let's see...

About Tile Layer Pro I think I know why I didn't succeed:

Tried different Master System games and it's always the same "pixels mess".

Tried NES games and work fine. Then I remember that this particular Game also have an NES version, almost the same looking as Master System.

So I have all what I want by now (Sprites comes from 2:1 C64).

And it's almost automatic change, just place 4colour 1:1 Chars in G2F conversion to 2:1 (maintain the same Char size) and they look very good (some minour pixels re-done).

But I think that this "Wudsn Ide" will be very usefulll. Thank you very much.

Greetings.

José Pereira.