IGNORED

NTSC Acid Drop

Albert

/software_conversions.htmlLike clockwork, Thomas Jentzsch has come through with another TV Format Conversion for the Atari 2600. The victim this time is Salu's Acid Drop, which was only released in PAL format but can now be enjoyed in NTSC. Acid Drop is similar to the Sega Genesis game Columns, which itself is a twist on the classic Tetris. You can download this conversion and more from our TV Format Conversions page. Enjoy!

/software_conversions.htmlLike clockwork, Thomas Jentzsch has come through with another TV Format Conversion for the Atari 2600.  The victim this time is Salu's Acid Drop, which was only released in PAL format but can now be enjoyed in NTSC.  Acid Drop is similar to the Sega Genesis game Columns, which itself is a twist on the classic Tetris.  You can download this conversion and more from our TV Format Conversions page.  Enjoy!

I hope Pick n Pile is next.Since I have lots of PAL Pick ´n´Piles it would be possible to offer these with a changed NTSC cart in the US.

The other Salu games (and maybe other PAL-only as the Bitcorp games,some ATARI) may be available in large qts. in some warehouse , but don´t know where now.

I still have a few of several PAL games , but except Pick n Pile and maybe Weltraum Tunnel/Tanzende Teller and other BitCorp games - only in small qts.

Thimo

Now see, this is EXACTLY the type of thing I could see being sold through the Atari store. An NTSC converstion of a PAL game never sold in the US with a really nice label and instructions. Even the U.S. people who say, "Why should I buy AA reproductions when they were produced and already available here?" would have trouble making hay out of that one. :D

I hope Pick n Pile is next.Since I have lots of PAL Pick ´n´Piles it would be possible to offer these with a changed NTSC cart in the US.

I'm currently working on it, but, due to the very high screen (~250 lines!) the games uses, I'm not sure if a conversion will be possible soon. Probably larger portions of the code will have to be changed or rearranged.

Meaning, is it still F6 or did you change it ?

No, I changed it to F8 and the ROM size is now only 8K. And AFAIK, if you should have 16K EPROMs, you can simply copy the data twice. That's the reason why I wondered about Salu changing the bankswitching from F8 to F6.

BTW: If somebody shouldn't know: F6/F8 are names for bankswitching methods. ;)

Weil Ich keine Cuttlecart habe !  :sad:

Ich leider auch nicht, aber mit deiner 32K RAM Cart sollten eigentlich beide Versionen laufen und mit dem Supercharger sowie keine.

Also warum? :)

Hmmm, Babelfish translates this as follows:

"I unfortunately also, but with your 32K RAM Cart should not actually both versions run and with the Supercharger as well as none. Thus why?"

:)

..Al

Weil Ich keine Cuttlecart habe !  :sad:

Ich leider auch nicht, aber mit deiner 32K RAM Cart sollten eigentlich beide Versionen laufen und mit dem Supercharger sowie keine.

Also warum? :)

Hmmm, Babelfish translates this as follows:

"I unfortunately also, but with your 32K RAM Cart should not actually both versions run and with the Supercharger as well as none. Thus why?"

:)

..Al

Real translation:

"Unfortunately me either but with your 32K RAM cart both versions should work and neither of them on the Supercharger."

Sorry for the German babble... ;)

Huh ? Are you talking about the 7800/2600 development kit ? That works only with an Atari ST which I do not have hooked up, it takes up too much space.

I think Thomas was referring to the 32K POKEY boards you have. If you modify one of them into a 32K RAM cart to use with DevOS (or just burn the game on an EPROM), you might be able to play Acid Drop on your 7800 in 2600 mode. Some 2600 8K games were compiled to have one bank at $D000 and one bank at $F000 with the jumps between the banks being set apropriately. So all you'd have to do is split the ROM image in half and double both halves. 7800CTRL can do that automatically with the right command line switch. I'm not sure, if Acid Drop is set up this way though.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg