IGNORED

NTSC ColecoVision on PAL TV?

Yurkie

An AtariAge member that lives in Australia wants to buy and A/V composite modded ColecoVision from me. He has a PAL power supply which should work fine to power the console since the output is the same.

I was told it will not work via RF which is understandable, but will it work if hooked up via Composite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

An AtariAge member that lives in Australia wants to buy and A/V composite modded ColecoVision from me. He has a PAL power supply which should work fine to power the console since the output is the same.

I was told it will not work via RF which is understandable, but will it work if hooked up via Composite?

Thanks in advance for your help.

I bought one of you a while ago, you might remember, took 4 days to reach Ireland?

Anyway, any ntsc console will work in a pal region if the television supports it.

My coleco with you mod works perfectly on my Sony crt's although my older panasonic (which does except ntsc via rgb) only gives a black and white picture.

If he knows the model number of his t.v it should be easy to find the service manuel online.

I am the one looking to get this. Pretty much all PAL tv here are NTSC compatible, so that shouldn't be a problem at all then. I was more concern about the Power Supply (as here we are on 240v - 50hz, but the power supply being external gave me the hope it would just output the same for the console and therefore make it easy to plug mine in (save shipping and adaptors). Games are not NTSC/PAL specific I believe, am I right to assume that my games will play on a NTSC console without problems?

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks

I am the one looking to get this. Pretty much all PAL tv here are NTSC compatible, so that shouldn't be a problem at all then. I was more concern about the Power Supply (as here we are on 240v - 50hz, but the power supply being external gave me the hope it would just output the same for the console and therefore make it easy to plug mine in (save shipping and adaptors). Games are not NTSC/PAL specific I believe, am I right to assume that my games will play on a NTSC console without problems?

Anything else I am missing?

Thanks

Not missing anything if you're sure the t.v you plan to use excepts ntsc via composite.

As i mentioned nearly every pal tv i've used excepts ntsc via scart (rgb) but not all when i used s-video or composite.

Regarding the power supply, all coleco power supplies output 5v, 5v- and 12v.

I have been using my uk power supply on my american colecovision for a few months now without problems.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very interesting. Even the NES has an interchangeable powercord so that you can hook up an american NES with swedish cables. Then the AV-cables should be used as the picture got a little messy with th RF-cable (I have tried that and it works but the picture is not in good shape)

It makes things easier when the same powersupply is used in other regions