IGNORED

DO NOT D/L L4D ADD-ON THE SACRIFICE *BUGGED*

Ghost Soldier

Well, I downloaded the L4D2 version, and it doesn't seem bugged to me.

But...

It's a giant

Piece

Of

SHIT

Spoilers, I guess, but I think everybody knows what happens during this anyway.

Seriously, I could NOT finish the damn thing! I tried like 7 times on the finale before I got fed up and quit playing. Fuck this game! You have FOUR tanks coming at you at the same time, and you have to "sacrifice" yourself by going down and re-starting the generator. I simply could not do it. The Tanks just literally rape you the instant you're on the ground. There isn't a single campaign on L4D that I cannot complete easily, but this is just too damn much. Challenge is cool and all, but this just takes it way too far. Maybe the Ninja Gaiden fanboys have wormed their way into Valve's thought process and the only thing they can think of now is MAKE IT HARDER! Oh, and if you manage to kill the Tanks from the bridge before you jump down, they re-spawn. Cool, huh? I tried everything, fire, adrenaline, but nope. Nothing worked, and you have to re-start the entire level, which means you have to start all 3 generators, take out the tanks and hordes that spawn, THEN give a single try to the damned finale.

I mean, it was really cool being able to play as the original 4 in a new setting, particularly with the new dialogue and graffiti and all, but man, that final part is just so stupid, so not-fun that it ruins the entire campaign. Fuck you, Valve. I should have spent the points on Shank or Scott Pilgrim or something.

Yeah, easy and with AI. I don't play this game with others, as it's nothing but douchebags online. I'll play the occasional versus round, but never a campaign (besides, I don't have a headset).

Gonna try it again tonight and see if I can manage it. Urg.

Was that the first game? Yeah, that part was hard as hell. I sucked at it, and it's to bad too,k cause it ruins an other wise good game. I did manage to beat it on CoOp with a friend. The thought the same thing I did, the whole game is good, then they put this huge gouge in it right at the end.

But then, I've seen many games that were great great great, then you get to the final boss battle and they decide to flush the whole game over that one thing.

Well, I did finally beat it. I set up a firewall of gas cans near the bridge area where I had to jump down after the generator stops. Had some adrenaline, too. Basically, once the Tanks got close to the cans, I hit them and set the Tanks on fire, and then waited till they started climbing up on the bridge area. Then, I basically jumped over them to the generator. A Smoker caught me when I was at the generator itself, but I guess Zoe had picked up a sniper rifle, since she freed me soon afterwards (but not until half my life had been depleted from nearby zombies attacking me). Started it up, and finished it with Bill as my sacrificee. Could see how it would be MUCH better with other players, though.

Video, this is why I'm liking games like Fallout 3 more and more. They go away from the traditional "fight through level, then fight boss" setup, and give you a game where if you choose to fight the big baddies, you can, but if you don't, you can bypass them. Hell, even BioShock 2 didn't toss a final boss at you, just a few relentless waves of normal enemies.

Well, I did finally beat it. I set up a firewall of gas cans near the bridge area where I had to jump down after the generator stops. Had some adrenaline, too. Basically, once the Tanks got close to the cans, I hit them and set the Tanks on fire, and then waited till they started climbing up on the bridge area.

Heh, I did the same thing the second time around, I got demolished the first try. Set up all the gas cans I could find, starting blasting on the tanks as soon as I saw them in the far distance, lit the place up as they got close enough (killed two before they got up to the bridge), the third tank made the bridge climb so I threw a pipe bomb and made a beeline for the generator. Luckily it was the close one, not sure if it always is.

Needed a little ending scene, kind of lame it didn't have one. The Sacrifice comic was pretty good though. :)