IGNORED

D65: New Database Application

flashjazzcat

After a fruitful rummage through my old floppy disks, I finally rediscovered the first major application I wrote on the Atari. D65 is a database program written in Turbo BASIC. The compiled CTB file is over 30K, so it's quite hefty. I could only get the uncompiled version to run with the version of TB supplied on the ATR (note the loading screen has cheekily been lopped off for cosmetic reasons). The other files include a sample ADDRESS database (with no records), and a couple of utility programs to do with autoloading the compiled version. I think these only work with D1: so they're due for an update. There was never any manual with this program, but it's fairly intuitive and I was pleasantly surprised by how easy it was to set up the address database. It has a proper query function which supports parenthesised expressions and which evaluates field names and substitutes them with the contents of the field. Every database has a key field and an index file held in memory. I seem to recall typing in a huge two-part database published in Page 6 in the late Eighties, and that was clearly the inspiration for this program. It looks a bit like DiskRX (the old SpartaDOS sector editor), and is pretty polished. I must have spent a long time on it, before losing interest and getting into other stuff.

If anyone's interested in a manual, I'm sure I could write something up when I get time. The disk is in Sparta format because I couldn't be bothered to faff about with DOS 2 disk images (I always used D65 with SDX anyway).

D65.zip

post-21964-128671824326_thumb.png

Edited by flashjazzcat