IGNORED

SpartaDos DD atr file

Charlie_

I just cobbled this together, if it's what you're looking for:

SpartaDos 3.2f DD.zip

Thank you!

I was able to make the disk using writeatr. However, when I use ataridsk I can mount the disk, but when I choose XL->PC it does not show any files on the disk. I don't actualy want to copy any files to my pc, I just want to see if any files are on the disk.

I had used the Imagic app to change 90K atr files to 180K atr files. And I had exactly the same results as above.

Does it have something to do with it being a SpartaDos format that Ataridsk isnt reading it?

Also I used Imagic to change a 90K SpartaDos 3.2f disk to 130K extended density ATR and my pc had no troubles writing this format to a real floppy with writeatr. I spent a long time hunting down that floppy controller when i needed to write SD disks for the ti99. It is on a Adaptec SCSI ISA card. :)

I should add that I don't know if the disk will work as I dont have my 1050 working yet. I'm just getting ready.

I was able to make the disk using writeatr. However, when I use ataridsk I can mount the disk, but when I choose XL->PC it does not show any files on the disk. I don't actualy want to copy any files to my pc, I just want to see if any files are on the disk.

I had used the Imagic app to change 90K atr files to 180K atr files. And I had exactly the same results as above.

Does it have something to do with it being a SpartaDos format that Ataridsk isnt reading it?

Exactly, Ataridsk only supports the DOS 2.x format, not the SpartaDos disk format.

Also I used Imagic to change a 90K SpartaDos 3.2f disk to 130K extended density ATR and my pc had no troubles writing this format to a real floppy with writeatr.

A quicker way is to just use the -f10 option to write a 90k SD image to an enhanced density disk. Sectors 721-1040 are then automatically padded with zeroes. The VTOC is still the old one (of a 90k disk) so you won't be able to use the additional space - but for a quick transfer of data to your Atari this method is OK.

so long,

Hias

A quicker way is to just use the -f10 option to write a 90k SD image to an enhanced density disk. Sectors 721-1040 are then automatically padded with zeroes. The VTOC is still the old one (of a 90k disk) so you won't be able to use the additional space - but for a quick transfer of data to your Atari this method is OK.

so long,

Hias

Thanks! I'm using writeatr v.92b and the option is -f9. I just tried it and it seems to work fine. No errors.

writeatr -b -f9 fted32f.atr

have you tried the sio2pc cable yet? you can mount atr's on the pc, and then boot them on the XEGS...

sloopy.

No. I dont have a PC with a serial port... Well I dont have an old laptop with a serial port as my Atari is very far from the closest PC with one. I was thinking about a Serial to USB adapter but they are about $40 in the stores. I hope to find an adapter cheap online and then use the cable.

I can wait for the sio cable for the 1050. I'm just making all these disks in preparation. :)

Here is a question: Does the stock 1050 support this extended density (130k) or just 1050 modified with USD?

have you tried the sio2pc cable yet? you can mount atr's on the pc, and then boot them on the XEGS...

sloopy.

No. I dont have a PC with a serial port... Well I dont have an old laptop with a serial port as my Atari is very far from the closest PC with one. I was thinking about a Serial to USB adapter but they are about $40 in the stores. I hope to find an adapter cheap online and then use the cable.

I can wait for the sio cable for the 1050. I'm just making all these disks in preparation. :)

Here is a question: Does the stock 1050 support this extended density (130k) or just 1050 modified with USD?

ED is what atari insulted its users with instead of true double density, and it was introduced with the 1050... so of the three atari disk drives ( 810, 1050, XF551) the 1050 and XF551 support ED

quick overview:

810: Single Density, Single Sided (90k)

1050: Single Density, Single Sided (90K); Enhanced Density, Single Sided (130K)

XF551: Single Density, Single Sided (90K); Enhanced Density, Single Sided (130K), Double Density, Single Sided (180K)

*Single Density, Double Sided (180K); *Enhanced Density, Double Sided (260K), Double Density, Double Sided (360K)

*uncommon or even rarely used

most third party drives support only single and/or double density (the Indus GT is a notable exception as it also does ED)

sloopy.

Thanks! I'm using writeatr v.92b and the option is -f9. I just tried it and it seems to work fine. No errors.

writeatr -b -f9 fted32f.atr

Ah, yes, you are right - it's -f9, not -f10. Maybe I should read the docs to my own software again :-)

Another question: does your FDC support reading of enhanced density disks? Since you didn't mention using the "-n" option I guess so.

Could you check what kind of FDC your controller card is using?

so long,

Hias

sloopy.

Hi i have a sio2pc in my 600xl (64kb) and make some change on it with switches 1 swith wich can do 3 cable switch and 1 for 5 volt from atari dc-in :) and for the serial output change pin 7 to pin 4 why other ways ape prosystem is not working :).

I have with change of the swicthes sio2pc to sio 2 1050 :) and works great :)

You can built it self for a small price.

But 1 thing there are usb to serial port convertors i buy 1 to now i can use it to my notebook (without serial bus only usb).

The usb to serial is round the 10-20 euro's but if i must make a sio2pc cable by my self :( it's all so round the 10-20 euro's say it is round 20-40 euro's i think for me is 40 euro's is round the same in $.

If i must do this build my own i will buy the usb serial cable for the atari from ape site.

Gr. Marco.

sloopy.

Hi i have a sio2pc in my 600xl (64kb) and make some change on it with switches 1 swith wich can do 3 cable switch and 1 for 5 volt from atari dc-in :) and for the serial output change pin 7 to pin 4 why other ways ape prosystem is not working :).

But 1 thing there are usb to serial port convertors i buy 1 to now i can use it to my notebook (without serial bus only usb).

The usb to serial is round the 10-20 euro's but if i must make a sio2pc cable by my self :( it's all so round the 10-20 euro's say it is round 20-40 euro's i think for me is 40 euro's is round the same in $.

If i must do this build my own i will buy the usb serial cable for the atari from ape site.

Gr. Marco.

That sounds like the best thing to do. If I was buying a sio2pc cable I would also get the usb version. I got this serial version as part of a package. Sloopy threw it in the box when I purchased a 1050 drive form him. I looked on amazon.com and ordered a "cables unlimited usb to serial adapter" for $17. I threw a $10 book on the order to get free shipping. :)

All the reviews say this adapter is great so I'm looking forward to using it with the Atari.

If I'm thinking correct I can have my 1050 as primary drive and then plug in the sio2pc in to the 1050 as a secondary device?

sloopy.

Gr. Marco.

That sounds like the best thing to do. If I was buying a sio2pc cable I would also get the usb version. I got this serial version as part of a package. Sloopy threw it in the box when I purchased a 1050 drive form him. I looked on amazon.com and ordered a "cables unlimited usb to serial adapter" for $17. I threw a $10 book on the order to get free shipping. :)

All the reviews say this adapter is great so I'm looking forward to using it with the Atari.

If I'm thinking correct I can have my 1050 as primary drive and then plug in the sio2pc in to the 1050 as a secondary device?

its a 2chip maxim sio2pc cable, so it should work with other sio devices...

also i sell usb sio2pc cables for $25 + shipping... i have two left right now, i need to orderparts to make more tho...

sloopy.