IGNORED

This auction may have rare documents in it...

Bryan

Well, I have two copies of De Re Atari (excellent reference source) which isn't common but not difficult to find, either. Is the other one marked confidential the Technical Reference Notes? The technical reference notes aren't that hard to find with a blue cover page. I also have those. What would interest me more is who owned this machine in the past that they would have documents marked confidential with it? Possibly someone who wrote some program(s) that were commercially released? Maybe it's part of the developers package. If this machine belonged to a developer, what sort of custom boards might be lurking under the cover of that 800?

Edited by OldAtarian

What would interest me more is who owned this machine in the past that they would have documents marked confidential with it? Possibly someone who wrote some program(s) that were commercially released? Maybe it's part of the developers package. If this machine belonged to a developer, what sort of custom boards might be lurking under the cover of that 800?

It looks like they are all photocopies. I have a bunch of such photocopies, too. A lot of them marked confidential and I was definitely not someone who wrote programs that were commercially released :)

Well, they might be photocopies, but those things marked "confidential" and/or "preliminary" are documents I haven't seen before.

If somebody here does spend the bucks, I do hope they end up getting scanned and shared, I'd be very interested in seeing them.

I don't plan on putting up funds for this, so good luck to anyone who does!

Edited by hunmanik

Well, I got the stuff and the documents are certainly interesting. They are definitely part of an early developer package and contain several utility source listings and tutorials. Some parts are out of order and will take a little while to sort out. There are over 500 pages to go through.

The 800 and 810 were heavily damaged, though, as the shipper put them in the box with no padding of any kind. :(

Well, I got the stuff and the documents are certainly interesting. They are definitely part of an early developer package and contain several utility source listings and tutorials. Some parts are out of order and will take a little while to sort out. There are over 500 pages to go through.

The 800 and 810 were heavily damaged, though, as the shipper put them in the box with no padding of any kind. :(

Any interesting expansion cards inside the 800?

It has a Axlon RAMCRAM 32K card, and I confirmed it has a GTIA. What's interesting, is that I've never seen an 800 with these kinds of markings:

ATARI / 052 (stamped in silver)

G 16K 052 7065

G 145 AW206775-16 1/20 L40 P

The 810's serial number is simply Z 47438.

post-3606-128744433168_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bryan

• 4 months later...

Did you ever scan and post any of the documents?

I won it. I was negotiating with the seller to get copies of the documents, but he said it would end up costing around $100 so I decided to make an offer on the whole thing. Anyone know a good utility for scanning to PDF?

I have a professional copier that would turn a 175 page binder into a PDF in about 20 minutes.

I am in Texas.

PM me if interested