IGNORED

My 5200 "paddle"

zylon

Nobody has a 2 port deck. Except my cousin used to have one but we threw it away long time ago. Now it is hard to find. 50 on ebay is the cheapest and that is too much. I paid 50 for 4 port + 3 controllers + trackball + 9 games. So 50 is too much. Or as phuzzed suggested the motherboard might be failing. But 2 ports have fialed also right. 2 port is no more stable right. Maybe it is time to ebay the whole collection.

The only extra 2-port I have currently needs an ANTIC chip. I have a working 4port deck, but haven't had the heart to gut it for the chip.

Anyhow here is my completed controller. Decided to get creative. Went to homedepot. Got the rubber washer fits just inside circle and looks cool. And the washer and nut from the potentionmeter. Nothing fancy. Not super sturdy but if you are gentle it is good.

post-28551-0-21937100-1304051260_thumb.jpg

post-28551-0-01824700-1304051281_thumb.jpg

Edited by 0078265317
  • Like 1

Looks good. It seems everyone's making theirs a bit different from each other. Cool :cool:

The pot you're using can be cut down with a hacksaw and filed on one side to use an original Atari paddle knob if desired. The shaft is soft aluminum.

Anyhow here is my completed controller. Decided to get creative. Went to homedepot. Got the rubber washer fits just inside circle and looks cool. And the washer and nut from the potentionmeter. Nothing fancy. Not super sturdy but if you are gentle it is good.

I like the rubber washer idea. Looks easier, more sealed than a metal washer, and it's black.

Could an Atari paddle fit on that pot or could the top half of the pot be made out of the top half of an Atari pot?

:? Are you referring to the knobs themselves? If so, I'll get out some spares and try.

Update: I have 2 of those pots left. The 2600 paddle knob does fit on them even with the metal spring collar.

Yes.

I tried using 2600 paddle knob on mine last night and it actually hurt my game. Went back to SVAII knob to stay.

I like the rubber washer idea. Looks easier, more sealed than a metal washer, and it's black.

Yes but a metal washer is defiinately more sturdy.

I got tired of the long s tick so with a hacksaw I cut it down. I was afraid I cut it too short. But even though it is a little snug it works great. I went back to radio shack and found knobs. Now I just have to stain the fire buttons to match or the red know orange to match. And I also have to get a new mylar flex but at least the experiment was successful so I'll worry about that later. Anyhow here is the revised unit.

post-28551-0-76023800-1304559298_thumb.jpg

post-28551-0-05660000-1304559320_thumb.jpg

• Like 2